Trump Vs Kim: Twitter Off

Don't you think it would be neat?

#LearnToSwim

Yeah, um ... no.

Two lunatics with appalling weapons at their fingertips?

How could that be "neat"?

If you could get the two of them into a boxing ring so that everyone else would be safe from injury ...

...R

It would only kill you in the population centers, i.e. targets.

Qdeathstar:

And everyone else just gets cancer. That's OK then, is it?

Don't you think it would be better if nobody gets killed (or injured)?

...R

:shrugs:

I was talking about a twitter "i got the biggest missile" dick off anyway!

Qdeathstar:
I was talking about a twitter "i got the biggest missile" dick off anyway!

I know.

But when the bullies started calling each other names in the playground I bet they didn't retire peacefully saying "OK. you win. You are better at name-calling than I am"

...R

Low yield and low accuracy, so we can survive this.

Stock your shelter for a couple months - keep lots of KI. The bomb will use a combination of uranium and plutonium explosives, so the isotopes will be long lasting.

The Soviets got round the accuracy problem by making their Tsar bomb so damn big it did not need to hit the target just the part of the country the target was in!

Potassium Iodide (KI), taken in advance of exposure, prevents the thyroid from taking up radioactive iodine. Do most nukes release iodine in fallout if not which ones do ?

It is not great having folk with nuclear weapons shouting at each other but I am actually more concerned about biological weapons. Techniques like CRISPR are making gene editing very precise. DNA has been created with new letters beyond the four in naturally occurring organism. Most worrying though is that people are tinkering with GM in their kitchens, much as we tinker with Arduinos.

My programs never behave the way they were expected to the first time round :frowning:

Qdeathstar:

Are you maybe 9 years old in the head? I swear that September of 2001 was when every IDIOT in the country able to get on the internet let loose with their "turn em to glass" fantasies.

Go look up nuclear winter, it's not like a few hits and it's all over. Everybody who has missiles gets to play! It's like anyone left will have to survive a very long time underground and there won't be any picking up from where we were about it either.

Go have a grenade fight in a phone booth if you think that nukes are "an option",

Every week this year I feel better about not being around another few decades.

This is a simple problem to solve.
Trump won over Xi Jinping with a lovely chocolate cake, why not send chocolate cake to North Korea?

Yes, "Let them eat cake." never had a bad effect before!

Maybe the next world is alt-fairyland because a lot of people are already practicing for it.

GoForSmoke:
It's like anyone left will have to survive a very long time underground and there won't be any picking up from where we were about it either.

We won't survive. Underground or otherwise. If we detonate enough weapons to reach nuclear winter it will endure long enough that humans will be extinct.

There is, however, good news. Cockroaches may survive. At least there may be life.

North Korea doesn't have a nuclear arsenal that can be deployed in larger numbers, so it's not mutually assured destruction. E.g., no nuclear winter. Dur-da-dur.

Also, i played fallout 4 the other day and it seemed like it would be fun.

I don't want to set the world on fire.... i just want to start... a flame in your hearttttt

What type of cake does a Kim like. I think maybe either carrot, salmon, or maybe crab...

"What type of cake does a Kim like. "
Kimchi

damn, i should have known! I've been to south korea and they eat that with literally every meal. It's over rated, imo.

I love kimshee!

Which species has done more damage to the planet and to other species - humans or cockroaches?

Now that I think about it maybe we should encourage nuclear winter to get rid of the humans for the sake of the planet :slight_smile:

...R

Mankind has been through ice ages before. Civilization has not.

I can see NK launching one attack and the child insisting an all-out response, hit em with everything.
After which Russia and China launch on us calculating on diminished to no retaliation.

When we got stuck in 2 wars not so long ago it bled the middle class badly and kept us from taking more war on. There's more to international relations than charging around like a bull in an arena getting ready for barbeque.

Russia and China are not attacking us over retaliation to a north korean attack. We fight proxy wars now. Even if we launched a premptive attack i doubt there would be direct attacks. There's just too much money at stake.

If we launched a pre-emptive strike i think a Russia would use it as cover for what it wants to do in eastern europe, and China would use it as cover for what it wants to do/is doing in the China sea. Tibet and Tiwann would probably also be on the table.

I don't think the wars had any effect on the middle class, what is your evidence? The middle class was affected by the housing collapse, not war. Not an argument that war is good, but i'm not seeing the connection you are making.