Maker Faire Rome 2015

Also back from Rome and probably still coming down from what for us was a massive high. So many people! We were exhibiting and only got to see others in the tiny amount of time before and after set up each day and in the break on Friday (which was great).

It was probably more Italian than I expected too, next time we'll have Italian language literature and our "pitch" read and waiting in Italian. We had most of what we wanted to say translated and written on the wall behind us before the end of the last day, thanks to some excellent bilingual locals who helped us out.

Sad to read about Riva's experience of the city. I've been once before and wasn't shocked that I still couldn't see even a thousandth of what the city has to offer. We had two extra days in the city and I spent them walking around areas I'd not been to before. It's a shame that the Trevi and Spanish Steps were being maintained but that's luck I guess, everything needs a bit of maintenance now and then! I was overcharged once in a supermarket, but that's happened in the UK too!

For our hotel and meals we used trip advisor and were really happy. Ate some amazing food over a huge price range.

On what Msquare says about other makers from the rest of Europe, I see no reason as why they shouldn't be in Rome too! It draws a huge number of people, the city is unrivalled as a tourist attraction and it's not that expensive to eat out or get a place to stay (at this time of year). I'd like to encourage more UK makers to make the trip. It was excellent. Bravo to the organisers! See you again next year!