Dumping firmware/software...and/or reflashing??

Laggard:
The 98 pro / A5 board is not nearly similar to the x7 / Phenom family. I disassembled it and recognized absolutely zero major components.

I agree. My neighbor has an eGrip for the A5 and it didn't seem to be powered by a Atmel chip. I wasn't able to get too close, but I would guess by the switches used to modify the firing modes, that it is not powered by a microcontroller.

Laggard:
The hardest challenge would presumably be swapping the mechanical mode on the Phenom eGrip with a semi-auto mode (or another slot for programmable firing modes, like on the APE board). Without modifications, I presume the board will either default to the programmed setting, not function on semi-auto, or not function at all. Murphy's Law tells me it's the latter...

In the Phenom board, there are three electromagnetic relays that are used to turn on the board, and sense when the trigger is pulled. I may have been wrong in how I'm using them (it has been a burning question in my head since I started). Out of the 3 relays, I'm utilizing 1 of them. 2 of the relays appear to be identical; they sense when the trigger is pulled. The other relay does not appear to connect directly to the micro controller (it is used to power the board).

On the Phenom, there is a rare earth magnet in the safety switch. When the switch is rotated to full auto, the magnet activates a relay to power on the board. I'm not sure how an APE board is powered on for the x7. It's possible that their board has another relay to sense the mechanical safety-switch position as well as full auto. In other words, this may not be possible for the x7 or Phenom without modifying the hardware on the board.

I'll take another look at the relays on my board to see if one of the relays could be used to sense the mechanical safety-switch position.

As for modifying the software, it all depends on the pin-outs of the board:
Pins 5 and 7 connect to the relays for the trigger. (their voltage goes LOW when the trigger is pulled). I'm only using pin 5 to sense for trigger pulls. Hopefully this matches the x7 classic. As far as I could tell, there is no pin to control the relay that powers on the board. It's probably connected directly to the voltage regulator to supply power to the chip.