debug

I have the Max7219 dot led matrix with arduino uno. I have the driver installed in my pc. I verified and upload the example blink. after the upload it said done upload. but there is no action on the max 7219. how do I make the 8*8 led run to see blinking? thank you to help.

Please supply the circuit and program.

Weedpharma

I am a new member without experience using the Forum. Thank you to help. please take a look the attachment. After upload the :Blink from example, the Tx and Rx of the ARDUINO UNO circuit were blinking as expected. And the message was "Done upload". but the Max 7219 led DOT matrix show no motion at all. I would like someone to help me with cost to resolve it and are appreciated very much. i have no experience with the microcontroller at all. This is my first time to learn the Arduino UNO. Please help me to get started. It is fascinated.

Peter Chen

There is no attachment or code.

Weedpharma

upload the blink from arduino Example: program called Blink as follows:

/*
Blink
Turns on an LED on for one second, then off for one second, repeatedly.

Most Arduinos have an on-board LED you can control. On the Uno and
Leonardo, it is attached to digital pin 13. If you're unsure what
pin the on-board LED is connected to on your Arduino model, check
the documentation at http://www.arduino.cc

This example code is in the public domain.

modified 8 May 2014
by Scott Fitzgerald
*/

// the setup function runs once when you press reset or power the board
void setup() {
// initialize digital pin 13 as an output.
pinMode(13, OUTPUT);
}

// the loop function runs over and over again forever
void loop() {
digitalWrite(13, HIGH); // turn the LED on (HIGH is the voltage level)
delay(1000); // wait for a second
digitalWrite(13, LOW); // turn the LED off by making the voltage LOW
delay(1000); // wait for a second
}

there is no error code after the Blink uploaded.

the Max 7219 Dot Led Matrix connected to Arduino uno as instructions from online as follows:

Arduino 5v to Max 7219 vcc

Arduino Gnd to Max 7219 Gnd

Arduino 12 to Max 7219 Din

Arduino -11 to Max 7219 Clk

Arduino -10 to Max 7219 Cs

Thanks to help and appreciated!

Why do you think that the Blink example would do anything to the Max7219?

Is the device data.

Your sketch only turns pin 13 on and off. There is no change to the max7219 connections.

Read the data and work from that.

Weedpharma

This is one example of code you need to download for testing of your Max

https://github.com/wayoda/LedControl/releases/download/1.0.6/LedControl-1.0.6.zip

Right, first things first.

Go and read the instructions for using the discussion board, then go back and modify your post to mark up the code as such so anyone can examine it conveniently and accurately.

While it is pretty clear in this case what your code is about, this is a simple matter of courtesy if you expect people to help you.

As i said in the beginning that i am new in the field. i am learning to use the Forum to communicate properly with you guys. in fact, there is an engineer, he is able get me going and i appreciate it very much. it is wonderful in the learning.

peter

That's fine.

In the meantime, perhaps you could go and read the instructions, and mark up your code back in reply #4 by using the "More --> Modify" option.

I have to say thanks to all of you. The Maxim Engineer is polite and so helpful to get me going. No word is enough to show my gratitude. i am sure i will have many projects in my retiring years to come.

peter

Sigh! :roll_eyes: