Arduino ISP Driver

Hi,

I've bought an Arduino ISP. Know I want to intall the Drivers on my Windows 7 64bit computer. I downloaded the files from https://www.arduino.cc/en/uploads/Guide/ArduinoISP_WindowsDrivers.zip and then I want to install it in the device manager as shown in the "Getting started" instructions. Unfortunately the device manager says he doesn't find any Drivers in this folder. Then I try to install the arduinoisp.inf file directly but this also doesn't work. I have no more ideas and i didnt find anymore in google, pls help me.

Greets Sven

P.s and sorry for my english pls I'm swiss

I assume you mean the Arduino IDE (the Arduino development system). Perhaps it is referred to as ISP in Swiss but IDE is the usual english acronym and it may be helpful to edit your Title.

And, sorry, I don't know Windows.

...R

No it's all right. I mean the ISP (In system serial Programmer). And I want to install the Driver of this

Greets

AFAIK you just have to select Ardunino ISP from the tools menu, there is no special driver needed.

You really need a Driver otherwise it doesn't work. Only in Linux and Mac Os you don't need a Driver. I had also a Pc with linux but I can't install the newest Arduino IDE and in this one whos installed you can't choose The Arduino ISP :cry: :confused:

Greets

I've just found the solution of the problem. If any ones interest here the link:

Thx for your effort.

Greets Sven

Hello,
I have the same problem but the overmentioned solution not working for me.

The Windows cannot recognize the driver.

Peter

Hello,

I had exactly the same problem and spend a lot of time searching with google. I found the solution in another post in the Arduino forum.

The problem was, that I used the ArduinoISP.org version. Unfortunately, the .org site of Arduino is down and the drivers are no longer offered.

There you can find a post with a linkt to the ArduinoISP.org Drivers:
Arduino ISP (.ORG) windows Drivers - Avrdude, stk500, Bootloader issues - Arduino Forum

There you can directly download the drivers (link from the original post):
https://forum.arduino.cc/index.php?action=dlattach;topic=574182.0;attach=278534

Hope this will help others with the same problem.

Patrick