What's the meaning of life ?

what's the meaning of life ?

Because

AWOL:
Because

i don't know if that's a serious response or not . but it might have a meaning that's beyond my understanding .
i am not joking or anything . there seems to be some well educated people around here so we might get some good responses to this .

Hi,
I always thought it was,
"Two all beef patties special sauce lettuce cheese pickles onions on a sesame seed bun!"

It is also a Monty Python movie.

Tom.... :slight_smile:

TomGeorge:
Hi,
I always thought it was,
"Two all beef patties special sauce lettuce cheese pickles onions on a sesame seed bun!"

It is also a Monty Python movie.

Tom.... :slight_smile:

Yes , that's my opinion to :slight_smile: , some things tend to be so beautiful that they give meaning to our whole existence . i highly appreciate that response thank you very much Tom ....

I thought it was 42.

Weedpharma

No, that's The Answer.

There's also The meaning of Liff

42 is the answer to the ultimate question: How much is 6 x 8?

CrossRoads:

why is "how much is 6*8?" and ultimate question though ?

AWOL:
No, that's The Answer.

There's also The meaning of Liff

thank you , "the meaning of Liff" is an unusual dictionary though .. not a philosophical book or something like that

CrossRoads:

On the prehistoric Earth, when Arthur is pulling letters from the Scrabble bag, the question is "What do you get if you multiply six by nine"

AWOL:
On the prehistoric Earth, when Arthur is pulling letters from the Scrabble bag, the question is "What do you get if you multiply six by nine"

Oh , pardon me for my ignorance ... i had no idea of that .
interesting .

weedpharma:
I thought it was 42.

Weedpharma

thank you . that's a good point

I thought I recalled from reading the 4-book trilogy many years again that they built the ultimate computer, which gave them 42, but had forgotten the question, so another computer was built, which gave them the 6x8 question.
Will have to find some time to read the books again. Too bad he died so young.

why is "how much is 6*8?" and ultimate question though ?

You'll have to ask the dead author for those answers.

CrossRoads:
You'll have to ask the dead author for those answers.

the idea seems really interesting , i think i will read these books .

And when you've read all five books in the trilogy, listen to the radio series which started it all off, but ignore the movie, which was rubbish, as was the TV series.

AWOL:
And when you've read all five books in the trilogy, listen to the radio series which started it all off, but ignore the movie, which was rubbish, as was the TV series.

thank you very much AWOL :slight_smile: .

death author

who knows .. maybe i'd meet him in another dimension , or if consciousness actually continues after death maybe i'd meet him . it all highly depends on which existential theory is the correct one . even though if the physical fact that this dimension is actually infinite is real, then in some corner of the physical world there must an other earth where an other version of me did actually meet that author and did ask him that exact question .

Oh yeah, I had forgotten about the last one, Mostly Harmless. I was well out of college when it came out, it just didn't have the same impact as the first four.

And another thing . . . is the title of the sixth book in the trilogy, albeit not written by DNA.