type in one place, but it comes up in another

not sure what is going on here.... the web based IDE is working great.. i can upload code, to the Arduino.

the problem is that when I am editing, the cursor seems to be at a different place from what it indicates.

I am using a pixel book, everything is right up to date.

Are you using the Arduino Create Chrome App?

Could you provide some more details about the problem? A screenshot might be helpful. If you click the "Reply" button, you'll see an "Attachments and other settings" link that will allow you to attach an image to your reply.

I had posted this question and somehow lost my thread. So, I a going to post again, with a picture.

On line 15, the cursor is far to the right. when I type 2X's they come in about 8 characters in front of where the Cursor is in the IDE.

Here's the previous thread:
http://forum.arduino.cc/index.php?topic=590486

Here's how you can find your previous posts:

• Hover the mouse pointer over your avatar in the top right corner of any arduino.cc page.
  • Click "Profile".
  • Click "Forum Settings > Edit".
  • Click "Show Posts".

Thanks for providing the screenshot. That really makes the issue clear.

burchd's screenshot:

Chuir mi na snàithleanan còmhla. Rinn mi an dealbh ceart.

I have tested it in Windows 10, in the Chrome browser, and it seems to be working fine.

the issue is only on My Pixelbook, in Chrome.

I also couldn't reproduce the issue in the Chrome browser. The problem seems isolated to the Arduino Create Chrome App version of the Arduino Web Editor.

Your thread has been moved to a section of the Arduino Forum that the people involved in the development of the Chrome App monitor so I'm sure they'll look into this soon.

Honestly surprised anything works with all those additional browser add ons.

Does it still do that if you use INCOGNITO mode in chrome ?

I have tried Incognito and that did not work.

Note that the browser addons are in the Windows 10 Chrome, and they seem to be fine. This is only on the Pixelbook. Everything else seems to be fine, and i do a fair bit of web based editing. This is the only application that is having this issue.

I did a powerwash on the machine and its all working perfectly now. Thanks for all of the help