Can’t install Arduino Uno or nano atmega onwindows 7

Ive been running the uno atmega on laser engravers one computer and Arduino Uno xcarve on another. And making money with them For 3 years now.
But I had to reinstal windows and start over but don’t remember how I got them both working.

I tried different boards ,cables,other computers,but now the Uno won’t work either.

I’ve been at it for 10 hours a day for two weeks straight,still no success.

Finally got the nano connected but jogging the axis 1” moves the laser 3 to 4 inches, and moves too slow.
I’ve read every website I can find and nothing helps either work.
It was so easy the first time I installed them,but now I’m lost. And afraid I’m out of business now.

Which version of GRBL are you using on the boards ?
Have you checked that the GRBL settings are correct for the step sizes etc ?
What type of shield / interface are you using for the Arduinos ?
If its a new computer are you using the same software you used before to send your G CODES or a different one ?
Without anything connected to either board can you see them in device manager ?
Did you install the drivers for the Arduinos themselves ? (easiest way is to install the IDE unless they are Chinese clones in which case you may need additional drivers)
Is all your other computer hardware properly installed with no issues in device manager ?

Have had a GRBL loaded board just seem to loose its GRBL for no apparent reason but just reloading it and then setting the parameters for the steppers etc fixed it.

Grbl 1.1f
All software is the same as before when it worked,
Arduino Uno with shield shows up ok.
Arduino nano with ATmega with ch340 drivers ,ok as well.
All correct drivers installed the way it used to be.

I’m using UGS 9j ,do I find stepper settings in ugs?
Could this be a standard / metric issue?
Thanks

Yes in UGS connect to the CNC machine and then select MACHINE then FIRMWARE SETTINGS to get to all the most common ones.

There are extended settings but you should not need to touch any of those and you do it in the GRBL upload sketch itself.

It could well be inch vs metric but you can check that in the firmware from UGS or almost and GRBL capable program.

Also check the steps jumpers on any CNC shields. I had one go out on one of the lasers causing missed steps etc but I saw it was part way off so took it off turned it around and put it back on. Been great since.
As a precaution I take a few minutes once a month to pull out the drivers and jumpers and re-insert them.

Only use UGS if I have a spindle on otherwise I use lasergrbl as its so easy to use.