Arduino Uno board's build in TX light will not stop blinking.

Recently I got an arduino board. I have had nothing but problems. I was trying to upload a program when my wifi failed resulting in board problems. The first problem is that the build in TX light will not stop blinking. I have tried to fix this by taking out the ATMEGA chip and putting it back in with no avail. Even the reset button will not stop the light from returning to blinking. PLEASE HELP ME. I have been pulling my hair out over this for days now.

What does Wifi have to do with loading the board?

Load a blank sketch into it.

void setup(){}
void loop(){}

This might help:
Select File:Preferences, turn on Verbose outputs.
Press & hold Reset button.
Start the download.
When the IDE shows

Sketch uses 444 bytes (1%) of program storage space. Maximum is 32256 bytes.
Global variables use 9 bytes (0%) of dynamic memory, leaving 2039 bytes for local variables. Maximum is 2048 bytes.
C:\Arduino 1.8.5\hardware\tools\avr/bin/avrdude -CC:\Arduino 1.8.5\hardware\tools\avr/etc/avrdude.conf -v -patmega328p -carduino -PCOM2 -b115200 -D -Uflash:w:C:\Users\CROSSR~1.CRO\AppData\Local\Temp\arduino_build_962830/sketch_jan02c.ino.hex:i

release Reset. The download will then try 3 times.
May take a couple of tries to release Reset at the right time.

I was just saying after the wifi failed becuase the Wifi failing could have resulted in an upload not finishing and corrupting something. and the blank sketch only stopped the light from blinking for a few second, before it returned to blinking.

kjross365:
the Wifi failing could have resulted in an upload not finishing and corrupting something

How could it have done that? Are you uploading over WiFi?

kjross365:
the blank sketch only stopped the light from blinking for a few second, before it returned to blinking.

Did the upload of the blank sketch complete successfully?

yes I uploaded the blank sketch. I was uploading the program from the app and it could not finish the upload because the WIFI crashed when it was uploading