Due won't start after power off-on, have to reset

I had the same problems with my SainSmart DUE. I don't know witch revision it is, but it has already the IOREV and the unused pin near the reset pin.

My solution might be better then directly connecting a 10 µF ceramic or tantalum capacitor to the reset switch. That will damage the switch over time and is a risk for the clamp diodes in the microcontrollers.

I connected a 10 µF electrolytic capacitor (ceramic or tantalum should also work) with a 470 Ohm resistor in series between the reset pin and ground. This will delay the startup of the SAM by around 150 ms, as you can see below. The current through the reset switch (and maybe other parts) is limited to 7 mA by the resistor, so nothing can be damaged.

Sorry for noisy environment :wink: CH1 is measured at the reset Pin and CH2 between the resistor and the capacitor.

I assembled the two parts on my prototype board, together with some other components. But it will also be possible to solder them (as SMD) direct to the switch.

This solution is well tested. The reset switch works as before, also the automatic reset during programming via programming port. I tested the startup of the SAM in time steps from 1 to 5 minutes off-time and encountered no problems anymore, also a start after a night works probably. So there should be no long time issues as well.

I hope this solution helps all people with the same problem.

Greetings from Germany,
Bimbo385