avrdude ser_drain: read error. handle is invalid

hello, I am running windows ten with a mega 2560, just purchased in China. 2560 registers in com port 6. It won't let me upload any sketches including blink and Marlin. Have no idea what the problem is. I contacted the seller and assured me it was the standard board(no Chinese chipset). any help would be appreciated

What serial adapter do they use? Check the chip close to the USB connector - it'll be an atmega 16u2 (or 8u2), or a CH340G or FTDI FT232.

That sounds like driver problems.

..while doing project,repeately this error appear..i dono how to proceed fruther.

.avrdude :ser_drain():read error:The handle is invalid

help me

I got the same message.

Won't upload Blink for a simple test

I am running 1.6.7 on Win7.

Just bought Mega from SparkFun
when uploading, don't see LEDs flash

Here's the listing when it uploads.

WARNING: Category '' in library EEPROM is not valid. Setting to 'Uncategorized'
WARNING: Category '' in library SPI is not valid. Setting to 'Uncategorized'
WARNING: Category '' in library SoftwareSerial is not valid. Setting to 'Uncategorized'
WARNING: Category '' in library Wire is not valid. Setting to 'Uncategorized'
Warning: platform.txt from core 'Arduino AVR Boards' contains deprecated recipe.ar.pattern="{compiler.path}{compiler.ar.cmd}" {compiler.ar.flags} {compiler.ar.extra_flags} "{build.path}/{archive_file}" "{object_file}", automatically converted to recipe.ar.pattern="{compiler.path}{compiler.ar.cmd}" {compiler.ar.flags} {compiler.ar.extra_flags} "{archive_file_path}" "{object_file}". Consider upgrading this core.

Sketch uses 1,560 bytes (0%) of program storage space. Maximum is 253,952 bytes.
Global variables use 11 bytes (0%) of dynamic memory, leaving 8,181 bytes for local variables. Maximum is 8,192 bytes.
avrdude: ser_open(): can't open device "\.\COM6": The system cannot find the file specified.

avrdude: ser_drain(): read error: The handle is invalid.

Problem uploading to board. See http://www.arduino.cc/en/Guide/Troubleshooting#upload for suggestions.

Just got mine working this morning.

Reinstalled 1.6.5

Found a driver in thread and it seems to work. Hope this helps.

http://forum.arduino.cc/index.php?topic=144470.0

All the strange warnings and error messages are gone.