DIYino - an Arduino compatible board for prop electronics

Void269:
Protonerd,
I've been reviewing the pinout of the Stardust board and going over my blaster project in my head and I might be stuck. I'm hoping you will have some sugestions.

What I want to do:
Use a momentary switch for the trigger (obviously)
Use a momentary push button to rotate through sound fonts
Use a momentary switch for reloading action (when X number of shots have been fired the gun would make a 'click' sort of "out of rounds" sound unti the action slide is drawn back toggling the momentary switch "reloading" the clip)
And also activating a push pull solenoid, but only when there are 'rounds' to be fired

The first three shouldn't be an issue with the D11, D12 and D13 pins. However the drive of the push pull solenoid at specific times is where I'm stuck. Originally I was planing on using another momentary swith stacked on top of the trigger switch to drive the solenoid. This way every time the trigger is pulled the sound would fire and so would the solenoid. But with this aproch the solenoid will fire even if the 'clip' is empty. Also with different sound fonts I may not want it to fire.

Is there another option I'm not thinking of? Also, can you tell me how the A0 pin is used? In the manual it is labeled as 'digital I/O', just not sure if it is usful for me here.

Thanks!

On my E11 blaster build I use only the trigger to implement all features you described. But if you prefer to attach a different switch to all of these features, you need maybe a Prime, which has tons of digital signals.
Or as an alternative you might in fact use A0, I included it as an aux signal in case someone wants an ADC to measure something, but A0 can also be configured as a regular digital I/O, so you can use it for sure. As for the solenoid firing at clipout, it can be programmed differently :slight_smile: Software is a powerful means to reach your target with Arduino.