Auto open Serial Monitor option please

gandboss:
That looks promising Ill try it tomorrow & let you know.
Thanks very much.
Graham

New version also lets you click the open serial monitor button while uploading :smiley: and it schedules the opening of the monitor when the upload ends (if you forget to hold Ctrl key when uploading)

tuxduino:
I haven't tried this myself, but it might be worth a try:

[MOD] Arduino Enhanced Release 1.0.1 for Windows (installer, drivers, etc) - Page 1

"Hold Control key on Upload: To open the Serial Monitor automatically when upload complete"

Looks real good! I'm still on 0.22, Is it version specific?

Jim

Yes :frowning: only newer arduino.

But if you want to keep 0022 you can check the changes here Commits · eried/Arduino · GitHub and add them to your version :smiley:

eried:
Yes :frowning: only newer arduino.

But if you want to keep 0022 you can check the changes here Commits · eried/Arduino · GitHub and add them to your version :smiley:

From the titles it is hard to find which ones I want. I am specifically interested in 2, 3, 5, 6, 9, 11, 12.

Jim

Yeah, almost all the enhancements are in the ".net upgrades". But I suggest you to go 1.0.1, I tried to keep my lovely 0023 but at the end, all new libraries are coming for the 1.0 :confused: so it is like "upgrade or die"

Anyway, my modded version does not shares anything with your 0022, just set another Arduino folder in the options and you are ready to go! I have the 2 ones installed right now, no conflicts, no shared Sketches or libraries.

Well done eried that's a huge improvement. Thanks

Can I request a hot key to select the 'Upload then open Serial Monitor' option please.

Or better... add it as a configuration that forces this as a default when the 'upload' button is pressed.

10/10
Thanks again
Graham

I didn't found a free key :frowning: do you suggest a combination?

Ah - I did not think of that as a snag. :~

Ctrl 'right arrow' ?

Any chance of a configuration setting to choose the default behaver of 'Ctrl U' (ie with OR without the Serial Monitor launch)

Graham

Ctrl shift U ?

tuxduino:
Ctrl shift U ?

Already used, but mapping all the keys I found Ctrl+Alt+U unnused. So next week version will include that.

Thanks for that eried (I sent you a donation for this)

Unfortunately the combination Ctrl-Alt-U produces the ascii character 250 (ú) on my Pc running XP.
Which corrupts the source code without careful placing of the cursor :=(

cheers
Graham

Oh, I didn't noticed that. There is another menu that uses alt, can you check it?

gandboss:
Thanks for that eried (I sent you a donation for this)

Unfortunately the combination Ctrl-Alt-U produces the ascii character 250 (ú) on my Pc running XP.
Which corrupts the source code without careful placing of the cursor :=(

cheers
Graham

I can't replicate the issue but, here is a file with Ctrl+U (reversed with the normal upload). Replace it in C:\Program Files (x86)\Arduino\Arduino ERW 1.0.1h

pde.jar (812 KB)

Well that works a treat for me :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

But what's the long term solution...
I feel that the ability to set the default behaviour of ctrl-U would be the best, is this a possibility?

I could even live with ctrl-U ctrl-U (twice) or is that pushing the standards :slight_smile:

BTW
The shortcut ctrl-Alt-C (paste as html) seems to work ok

cheers
Graham

gandboss:
Well that works a treat for me :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

But what's the long term solution...
I feel that the ability to set the default behaviour of ctrl-U would be the best, is this a possibility?

I could even live with ctrl-U ctrl-U (twice) or is that pushing the standards :slight_smile:

BTW
The shortcut ctrl-Alt-C (paste as html) seems to work ok

cheers
Graham

Original version worked for you or the switched one? I think Ctrl+Alt+U it is a very good key combination, because it is just AltGr+U, so quick to call

The switched one works very well but the cnrl-alt-u will still cause a special ASCII (250) character.

This may be a UK/European keyboard driver feature to enable access to odd characters as used in some European spellings. (not UK English)

Graham

gandboss:
The switched one works very well but the cnrl-alt-u will still cause a special ASCII (250) character.

This may be a UK/European keyboard driver feature to enable access to odd characters as used in some European spellings. (not UK English)

Graham

OK, maybe. The thing is I don't want to change the default behaviours in the IDE, like if a user used the official IDE and then the modded one, everything will be the same (that's why I even uncheck all the new options, like "autoclear", "search in all tabs" etc) so everything matches with the official stuff and step/step guides.

We have to find another keycombination that works for everyone. What is the special ascii char you get? it is useful? maybe it is something in your machine like a custom keyboard distribution?

Its the character ú
It behaves the same way on my Vista PC with a UK keyboard.

There may be something weird with that combination...check out...
http://lists.frameusers.com/pipermail/framers/2009-January/015383.html

If the default behaviour of the IDE to cntl-U remained as compile & Upload, why would adding the option in your configuration file to change that behaviour to compile Upload+Open monitor be a conflict?

I'm possibly not understanding the technology limitations.
Graham

I discovered that ctrl-alt-e/u/i/o/u

will produce he characters: é ú í ó á

So its is definitely a keyboard driver 'feature'.

Because adding the preference is much more work compared to finding another keycombination.

Control+Alt+M is perfect!

Alt-GR is near M, so 1 hand required, plus Control+Shift+M opens the monitor, so it is a logic perfect choice :smiley: