[Solved] 2.4 TFT LCD shield - 0x4747 - SCREEN WHITE

What hardware do you have?
Is it Adafruit ?
Is it from Itead ?
Is it a "Mcufriend" Uno shield?

If the ID is reported as 0x7575 you have a HX8347-G controller.

No, I have never seen or used any of these displays with 8080-8 parallel interface. I support -A, -D, -G, -I variants in MCUFRIEND_kbv library with feedback from genuine owners.

So I have never tried the Adafruit library. I would be very suspicious of all the hacked versions of Adafruit_TFTLCD. But since Adafruit sold these displays I would hope their library is maintained correctly by Adafruit.

I do own Waveshare Shield that has a HX8347-D controller with a write-only SPI interface.

If you look at the source code of my HX8347D_kbv library, you will see an uncomplicated library.
Both Adafruit_TFTLCD and MCUFRIEND_kbv support multiple controllers. This makes it harder to understand.

Regarding MADCTL values. You configure the Panel with the Manufacturer Registers. e.g. Inverted Colours, RGB / BGR colours, GateScan, ...

Likewise Touch Panels can be glued in any direction. But once attached, they always report X, Y values relative to their manufactured connections. You just run a Calibration sketch to determine X, Y directions and values for LEFT, RT, TOP, BOT.

David.