brushless + servos + ESCs + sensors + relays + RC receiver

Planning out a very large project. Will be using a Mega (for obvious reasons). Want to make sure I can do all this..pretty sure I can?

At least one if not two 25 turn 1800kv brushless motors + controllers
At least 9 servos
At least 6 brushed gear motors and ESC
At least 3 relays
GPS
Bluetooth
2 ping sensors
accelerometer
piezo buzzer
LOTS of LED's

The brushless motor(s) will be running off a dedicated 4 cell LiPo 8000mAh battery.
Arduino and associated sensors will run off a 7.2V 4200mAh NiMH battery.
The RC receiver and servos will have a dedicated 6V 5000mAh NiMH battery.

Goal is to have 30 minutes of run time at half power average (arduino control) and 20 minutes at 3/4 power average (R/C control)

There will be a primary relay that will cut power coming out of the LiPo for the drive motor(s). This would be for run-away prevention or source switching.

There will be 3 relays for source switching between arduino and RC receiver. One for the drive motor controller(s), one for the front set of steering servos, and one for the back set of steering servos. Default control will be the arduino via amarino (android phone), secondary will be the RC receiver. This will be backed up by a picoswitch on the R/C landing gear channel so I can control it using either control as necessary (if I lose BT connection, i can switch over using RC. If RC tx/rx dies, I can flip over using BT).

There will be 4 steering servos, 1 for each axle. The system will only 'see' 2 of them, since both fronts will be tied together, and both backs will be tied together.

There will be one servo for selecting the transmission gear (hi/low)

There will be pan/tilt servos for the camera

There will be pan/tilt servos for each ping sensor

There will be one brushed motor and ESC for weight jacking.

Each axle will have a brushed motor and ESC for wedge jacking.

GPS will be for tracking as well as eventually setting a path to follow

Bluetooth will be for connecting serial and amarino to android phone

Ping sensors will be for obstacle avoidance

Accelerometer will be for orientation detection and for self throttling as necessary

piezo buzzer will be backup alarm

LED's for head, tail, turn signal/emergency flashers, marker lights

And no this isn't a full size vehicle. It's a 24" long 8x8x8 thing. Think Oshkosh/Tantra but with equally spaced tires and with a buggy exocage type body.

Or closer, something like this but with a dune buggy type cage on it.

Total motor/servo connections: 16 minimum

a mega2560 will have plenty of ports, but you may still want to use shift registers for the LEDs if you are going to have ALOT.

and be careful with having separate batteries :slight_smile: if one dies it may cause you to loose control of your toy(depending on which battery dies) :frowning:

LiPos are voltage sensitive(don't want to get too low) definitely need some voltage sensors.

sirbow2:
a mega2560 will have plenty of ports, but you may still want to use shift registers for the LEDs if you are going to have ALOT.

and be careful with having separate batteries :slight_smile: if one dies it may cause you to loose control of your toy(depending on which battery dies) :frowning:

LiPos are voltage sensitive(don't want to get too low) definitely need some voltage sensors.

The LED's will be transistor driven. White headlights, amber turn signals (with flasher circuit via timers), amber and red marker lights, and red taillights.

Yes there will be voltage sensors for all 3 batteries via voltage dividers.