DFPlayer detect when song is done playing

Just an update: while look like similar post/thread.. the comment(s) hold some more info.

Im not clear though.. do you still need to move the resistor or not? remove anything (must have missed this previously?)

• so basically remove the 0R resistor from side and put it on the other? (thats it?) hmm...

eqsone said:
Dude, you rock! The white noise on 'pause' was about to drive me crazy. I found that Pin1 and 'Busy' can simply be connected by just shorting the two open solder-pads on the other side next to the 8002. The removed resistor will fit straight in, a drop of solder will do too. Thank you so much for this point out!
Side note:

I got a second batch of DFPlayers in... must be knock offs..

The led are RED this time..original batch had blue leds.... they also DO NOT work with my current sketch. (I'm not sure what part yet.. but I think its the disableLoop() and enableLoop() functions.. that 'kill it'..

it will boot, and it will play the initial 'boot sound'.. but it will NOT play anything upon button press.. (havent dug any deeper into these new ones yet)..

Anyone know HOW to check the current version/firmware? And more so.. how to update it?