Tut's on basic c for arduino?

can any really expiereinced programmer make tutorials on how to code please? i know a few really (really ) good coders around here and ladyada's site and i think you guys should make tutorials, i mean sure information can be recieved from the refrence page, but to understand how to do one thing, i have 6 tabs on firefox open, looking for it on forums, and everywhere!!! it annoys me. If any expierenced coder thinks they are up for it, please speak up, many many people would be thankfull, becuase coding may be easy fro some, but i am having a very tough time trying to do stuff with my arduino becuase i cant code for my life, and using the arduino for anything, is only limited to me becuase of my lack of coding knowledge! I want to make really cool stuff, but the lack of coding knowledge is holding me back!

it would be a good idea to have a coder to have a whole separate topic on this site called "coding tutorials"and he should do very simple, to very hard tutorials which are stickied, and have other topics for people to aski qeustions, or maybe take allot of suggestions, and incorporate those into your tut's. Better yet, i can setup a very simple website which the coder can have, and use for tutorials pourposes ( it will probably be a .co.nr instead of a .com, but who cares? )

if i'm just rambling, and theres tutorials already, please share :slight_smile:
thanks
-big93

But what is wrong with the tutorial page then?
Arduino is about hardware and software. So, an "hello world" for arduino is something like blinking 1 led. You take it from there. Yes, it is hard sometimes, but what it takes is practice. Improvise on the existing examples, try small changes.

Use the autoformat so your code stays somewhat readable. If something works and you want to try big changes, save the current file and start in a new copy. If things go wrong, you can always look up how it worked earlier.

But in the end, it just takes practice and time. And if you really can't figure it out, post your questions to the forum.

i read the tut's page, and its really good, but it's also confusing, and some tutorials dont give a finished code, they give a code that your sapposed to finish, and i dont know how to becuase i suck at c, i dont know what they want me to add, even if they say what to add!

lets take for example the piezo tone maker, what the hell is that about?! i put it on my ardiuno program and tried to uplaod, but it had a bagillion syntax errors, am i missing something, why isint it just going to the arduino and working?

lets take for example the piezo tone maker, what the hell is that about?! i put it on my ardiuno program and tried to uplaod, but it had a bagillion syntax errors, am i missing something, why isint it just going to the arduino and working?

I haven't got an arduino next to my computer but it verify's just fine, no error at all. Did you notice there are 2 programs on the page? How does it look after an autoformat? Does it look alright? You might have missed the first character of the commentblock: / Or the last } might be missing?

This is frustating, I know, I had to learn too.

... now it works lol

wait does that mean you know c code? r u good at it, cuz i got a **** load of q's!

I have started a set of tutorials that may be what you are looking for.

I don't mean to compete with the main effort, cited in earlier posts in this thread, but I hope the Arduino phenomenon is big enough to warrant more than one "answer".

See what you think?....

Tom

I have started a set of tutorials that may be what you are looking for.

I don't mean to compete with the main effort, cited in earlier posts in this thread, but I hope the Arduino phenomenon is big enough to warrant more than one "answer".

See what you think?....

Pascal Programming Tutorials- PLTut

Tom

Tom, nice job on the tutorials. You may want to reword the title a little so it doesn't look like its about programming the arduino using Pascal. For a brief moment I had visions of using my much loved Delphi to create arduino sketches ;).

Perhaps call it: Pascal and Arduino C Programming Tutorials

Yea, nice work. I'll have to take a closer look later. We're definitely short on programming tutorials for Arduino and it would be great to have a good one (either on or off the site).