Stepper Motor

Hello,

Can I drive this stepper motor:

ftp://ftp.sdt.se/Documentation/BergerLahr/Brochures/SmallDrives/Pages%20from%20Mechatronic%20Catalogue%20GB-08-2004-3-2-phase%20stepping%20motors.pdf

with 8051 microcontroller ? which drive circuit is preferred ?
please help...

This is an Arduino forum . We try to avoid talking about 8051's.. Can we sell you an UNO ? How about a Mega ?

I have no problem
but please tell me about the driving circuit required to drive this 1000mA stepper motor

That link fails for me...

Me too.

:\
what about this ?

ftp.sdt.se/Documentation/BergerLahr/Brochures/SmallDrives/Pages%20from%20Mechatronic%20Catalogue%20GB-08-2004-3-2-phase%20stepping%20motors.pdf

That is a very long document. I am too lazy to read it all.

In general you need a stepper motor driver board to interface between a microcontroller and a stepper motor. The microcontroller can't supply the current or voltage needed by the motor and the stepper driver does that.

There is a lot of useful information on the Pololu website if you look up their Pololu A4988 stepper driver board.

Obviously you must use a driver board that can supply the current that your motor needs and I have no idea whether the A4988 will suit your motor.

...R

Yahoo says the link can't be found

OSOO:
:\
what about this ?

ftp.sdt.se/Documentation/BergerLahr/Brochures/SmallDrives/Pages%20from%20Mechatronic%20Catalogue%20GB-08-2004-3-2-phase%20stepping%20motors.pdf

That link works - but you haven't said which motor you mean.

The Stepper manufacturer are berger lahr
model no is : ADM 42/12

my question is , how to drive this stepper motor with microcontroller ? it needs 1000mA

Use any microcontroller and provide the appropriate motor driver with the proper signals (STEP and DIR). You might try the Pololu DRV8825, see Pololu - DRV8825 Stepper Motor Driver Carrier, High Current

Be sure to use separate power supplies for the motor and the microprocessor, but connect the power supply grounds together.

thanks,

I've also read about h-bridge ,is it suitable for my stepper?

OSOO:
thanks,

I've also read about h-bridge ,is it suitable for my stepper?

NO

...R

why ..?

Because it doesn't have the ability to limit the current in the motor coils which is essential if you want to drive the motor with a high voltage which is essential to get decent high speed torque.

"Proper" stepper driver boards are also much easier to use, and most can do microstepplng if you need that.

This paper may be interest.

Wikipedia is also useful.

...R

OSOO:
The Stepper manufacturer are berger lahr
model no is : ADM 42/12

No such motor in that document.

There are two motors called RDM 42/12 - which one do you mean?

Thanks,