Development of Arduino Mega ADK USB driver for Epson LQ-310 printer

Hello,

At the moment, I am engaged in a project in which I have to drive Epson LQ-310 printer with Arduino Mega ADK (USB Host). There is already a library USB_Host_Shield_2.0 on Github which includes usb drivers for keyboard, flash drive etc. but not for a printer.

I am thinking to modify the current header files (adk.h and adk.cpp) based on Android drivers to suit for a printer. Do the things workout in this way?

Could anyone of you please suggest me the things to modify to achieve the required functionality?

Thank You

Consider using a Raspberry Pi. It has lots of USB drivers.

There is a USB printer driver for the PJRC Teensy 3.6 USB host stack. I do not know if it works with your printer.

@gbafamily

Thank you.

But the thing is, I am already using the USB_Host_Shield_2.0 library to drive keyboard and flashdrive. Now I want to add the printer functionality and operate them simultaneously using a Hub.

vamshich:
But the thing is, I am already using the USB_Host_Shield_2.0 library to drive keyboard and flashdrive. Now I want to add the printer functionality and operate them simultaneously using a Hub.

My guess is that by the time you have figured out how to do it (if it can be done at all) you will wish you had just added an RPi to the system.

...R