USB Serial Port?

Hey, I've been having problems uploading my sketch to my Arduino Fio.

I have the arduino connected via USB to my MacBook Pro, but I can't find the option to export through the USB port. All other output options for the computer are shown (bluetooth and such), but the drop down menu is missing the USB option. I have the ftdi driver installed, and both it and the arduino programmer are up to date. What is missing from the equation? Any input would be much appreciated!
Thanks,
Riley Kolus

What serial ports are listed in the Tools menu when the Fio is connected? (And are you launching the IDE after connecting the Fio.)

I am launching it when the fio is both plugged in and unplugged (i tried both for good measure), and the drop down menu options are:
/dev/tty.Bluetooth-PDA-Sync
/dev/cu.Bluetooth-PDA-Sync
/dev/tty.Bluetooth-Modem
/dev/cu.Bluetooth-Modem

When connected, do you see anything related to "FTDI" listed in System Profilier?

What version of OSX are you running?

no, there is nothing showing in the profiler, and i'm running osx lion 10.7.1.

You might be interested in this link, which I found by searching Google with "FTDI Lion":

http://geekscape.posterous.com/mac-os-x-17-lion-upgrading-ftdi-usb-serial-dr

All fixed!! thank you so much for enduring me... I'm 14 and this is my first time working with outside components in a program.
soo...
problems fixed for now, but I expect to be making several more posts to this forum as I get farther into this project! haha

Thanks again,
Riley Kolus