{
  for (int i = 0; i < 20; i++)
  {
    Enroll(i);
    delay(2000);
  }
  fps.SetLED(false);
}

It just save the fingr image into the fingerprint memory. The problem is that I have to use the arduino monitor to save the finger so I would like to develop a grafic interface GUI .exe to permit at everyone to use it even if they don't know arduino and arduino IDE.
The problem is that I know use Teststand and Labview (NI software) that are not so "free"; to use an NI exe you have to install a runtime so it is not so easy for who don't knor lots about programming and pc in general.
I know use as well C programming, not so well, but I have never developed a GUI with C.
Do you reccomend some programming languages to develop a GUI for arduino?
The gui will be easy just with 3 or 4 botton like save finger, delete finger and something like that.
Thank you in advence.

(deleted)

spycatcher2k:
Use whatever programming language you are comfortable in. I use Visual Basic 6 for some and C# for others. This is usually dictated by the client of they want the source, their existing OS environment, or how intricate the GUI is. My preferred language is C# for the string handling, making the parsing of incoming data easier.

Yes but I want to make an exe plug and play, easy to use by how doesn't know nothing about pc. So with labview for example I can't do that.

(deleted)

Maybe this Python GUI demo will give you some ideas.

However when I now develop a GUI for my own use I create it with HTML and CSS so it is accessed from a browser. I find that much easier than writing GUI code in the way it is done in that demo. I use the Python Bottle web framework to do the hard work. And it is easy to interface Python with an Arduino.

Of course you can do the same sort of thing with pretty much any PC programming language.

...R

andrea080690:
The problem is that I know use Teststand and Labview (NI software) that are not so "free"; to use an NI exe you have to install a runtime so it is not so easy for who don't knor lots about programming and pc in general.

Hate to break it to you, but all programming languages require a runtime library.
Visual Basic Studio 6 which includes VB6 does.
.NET does

In LabVIEW you can create a Windows installer where everything required is installed for you EXE.
I know. I have done it.

ieee488:
Hate to break it to you, but all programming languages require a runtime library.
Visual Basic Studio 6 which includes VB6 does.
.NET does

In LabVIEW you can create a Windows installer where everything required is installed for you EXE.
I know. I have done it.

Thank you so mach, if I can create a Windows installer where everything required is installed for my EXE I will do it in labview. I suppose I don't have to buy a licence every time someone use the exe.

you can down load Visual Studio Express free from

which will enable you to implement your application in C# (or VB.NET)

to use the .exe other users can download the redistributable
https://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/vstudio/en-US/e653a57a-bc32-4134-87bf-df33058f0531/download-microsoft-visual-c-2017-redistributable?forum=vssetup

andrea080690:
I suppose I don't have to buy a licence every time someone use the exe.

Why would they need to ?

ieee488:

I suppose I don't have to buy a licence every time someone use the exe.

Why would they need to ?

Won't that depend on the product he is using to develop the .exe?

Also I don't think the fact that it is an .exe means that it has no external dependencies, and if there are any they will need to exist on the host PC.

OpenSource software avoids the problem of licence fees.

...R

wxWidgets is a good open source GUI library
https://www.wxwidgets.org/

I usually use it with CodeBlocks and wxSmith

it has the advantage of being cross platform so will run on Windows and Linux

horace:
wxWidgets is a good open source GUI library
https://www.wxwidgets.org/

The Python version looks similar to TKinter or Java Swing - which is why I use HTML and CSS :slight_smile:

...R