Upload to Elegoo Nano via Arduino UNO R3 w/ "Arduino as ISP"

You're welcome. I hope it will end up solving your problem.

Thanks for your interest in improving the documentation. Unfortunately there is not a GitHub repository for this particular website content.

The language reference pages do have a repository and you are welcome to submit pull requests for that content:

For the rest of the website content, the process is to open an issue report in the arduino/Arduino repository that reports a problem or suggests improvements:

Or for the library reference pages you can submit the issue report to that library's repository:

However, in this case I think it will be better to wait because the reports of problems caused by this change are likely to result in going back to the old protocol for the Arduino as ISP programmer and adding a new "Arduino as ISP (ATmega32U4)" programmer with the new protocol.:

The tutorial should also be updated to reflect that change, but it's probably best to wait until after that happens to see exactly how it will be implemented (e.g. what the exact programmer name will be).

I have heard that, even with the old protocol, sometimes the capacitor is required but I have never needed it. You can see in the tutorial they do show one being used on the Mega but not the Uno. Then the text says:

The 10µF electrolytic capacitor connected to RESET and GND of the programming board is needed only for the boards that have an interface between the microcontroller and the computer's USB, like Mega, Uno, Mini, Nano.

So that's confusingly contradictory. I guess it might be better to add a capacitor to the Uno images and mark it as being maybe not needed in all the images, then provide some explanation in the text.