New Forum member forum guidance

I provided information in two posts. I have not posted to forums before, only reads. Both posts have disappeared & I cannot find either one. Where did they go & how do I retrieve them? I only hope the same thing won't happen to this one.

No they haven't disappeared. The second one was a cross post so it was merged with the first. If you want to find your posts you only need to do this:

• Click on your avatar in the top right corner of forum page
  • Click "Profile"
  • Click Forum Settings > Edit
  • Click "Show Posts"

What is a cross-post & how to avoid it? Apparently I upset one guy with that. I'll learn.

A cross post is where you create two different threads on the same topic. The reason this is not allowed is because it can waste the time of the people helping you due to duplicate effort. Often it takes a significant amount of time to provide a good answer on the topics that come up on the forum. We do that because we like to help people but it's a very bad feeling when you discover someone else already gave the same answer an hour earlier in the other thread and it was just a big waste of time. Even though we give it freely, our time is still a limited resource. If I waste time providing a duplicate answer to one question that's less time I have to help someone else. Another consideration is that frequently the original post does not contain sufficient information so some back and forth is required to finally get all the info we need to provide an answer. That information might be in the other thread or even spread between the two threads. It's better to just keep all the conversation in one thread.

You can find information about cross posting and lots of other important stuff is explained in the How to use this forum post. Please read it.

Very actual for me now huh