Can your help with programming?, i pay 20$

Hey everyone,

i am new in this community and have no idea how to code the following:

I want to develop a device which can differenciate between a clap and a snap. It has to exactly know okay this is a clap and this is a snap now.
For that I bought me a Arduino uno and a mic. The goal is to turn on the lights by snapping and play music by clapping. The device needs to register the sound, differenciate: okay this is a snap and now i let the energy flow threw so that the lights go on.

I do not have the time to learn how to code all this but i would pay 20$ in crypto or Paypal for anyone who can write me this code!

Thanks so much for your help:)!

Nik

Sorry but I don't think this is possible especially with the

It has to exactly know okay this is a clap

criteria.

Grumpy_Mike:
Sorry but I don't think this is possible especially with the criteria.

Certainly not in 15 minutes!

Kinda gives "race to the bottom" a new meaning!

Although to be fair, if you don't know (a) what software development costs and (b) how difficult/easy it is to do something, you may as well throw out a low number and hope for the best.

@nik19:
You are asking for a difficult sound recognition task. It's certainly doable, but your $20 offer is probably off by at least three orders of magnitude if it has to be done from scratch. There are a couple of Arduino speech recognition modules that may be able to do the job cheaply, but I don't know how good they are.

It's certainly doable

Well I would disagree with that, I think it is impossible.

There are a couple of Arduino speech recognition modules that may be able to do the job cheaply

I doubt that they will work at all.

nik19:
Hey everyone,

i am new in this community and have no idea how to code the following:

I want to develop a device which can differenciate between a clap and a snap. It has to exactly know okay this is a clap and this is a snap now.
For that I bought me a Arduino uno and a mic. The goal is to turn on the lights by snapping and play music by clapping. The device needs to register the sound, differenciate: okay this is a snap and now i let the energy flow threw so that the lights go on.

I do not have the time to learn how to code all this but i would pay 20$ in crypto or Paypal for anyone who can write me this code!

Thanks so much for your help:)!

Nik

You may not have the time to learn programming, but you have time to display both on a recording oscilloscope to you have something to relate to while discussing the program with someone.

Paul

nik19:

Did you already try to make some recordings (ask a dozen people do do a "snap" and a "clap" for you) and then see if your EARS can reliably distinguish between the two?

If not, there's not much chance even the most advanced sound processing can do the same.