Donation denominations

If I donate money to Arduino can I then ask questions and also for on-the-fly codes without getting brutally trolled?

Arduino_n00b:
If I donate money to Arduino can I then ask questions and also for on-the-fly codes without getting brutally trolled?

You can ask as many questions as you like without paying any money.

Donations you make may help cover the running costs of the Forum (I have no idea what they are used for) but they have no direct affect on your use of the Forum.

If you are unhappy about a specific response that you have received please first bring that to the attention of the person who made the response. If you are still not happy then report the matter to the Moderator.

I am not aware of anyone being "brutally trolled" on this Forum.

...R

I think you might need to look up the definition of trolling. I have seen no evidence of anyone trolling you. I saw one case where you got a slightly rude reply, which has since been removed by a moderator, and another case where you got some replies that you didn't think were quite on-topic, which we have determined didn't warrant any moderation. This is not trolling and it is certainly not "brutal". Wild exaggerations certainly don't help to sell your point.

We do have certain expectations for conduct on this forum. There is zero toleration for Hate speech. If profanity is brought to my attention, I'll edit it out. Real trolling will certainly result in a permanent ban, though fortunately I've only seen one or two clear cases of trolling in my 7 years of reading the forum daily. But this is also a place where people are welcome to participate in discussions. Just as you are welcome to create topics and reply, so are all the other forum members. If you can't handle that, then the Arduino Forum is probably not going to be a good place for you and it's time to move on.

The moderators are not here to micro-manage these discussions. We have better things to do with our time. If you don't like a reply, just ignore it.

And, of course, donations are much appreciated, but they are used to support the services and development work that the entire Arduino community benefits from, such as the free open source IDE, hardware cores, and libraries, the forum and documentation hosting. Donations don't buy you special treatment on the forum.

Arduino_n00b:

You can go to the Gigs and Collaboration sub-forum and pay someone to write code for you. You are more likely to get the white glove level of service you seem to expect by doing so.

“If you are unhappy about a specific response that you have received” ignore that response.

Bob, it is conceit to post a selfie

...R

Good day Robin..

I found that whilst looking for some artwork for the laser.
You know when you see something and have an epiphany moment / brain fart.

Reply #7 was intended as humour !!!

And I do like the image. Maybe print a life-sized version and leave a hole where the face is so you can peer through for seaside photos :slight_smile:

...R

If I donate money

BTW, you probably couldn't afford it. "Software consulting" runs $25-300/hour (for freelance one-person companies. More for enterprise-level sycophancy.) Yes, that includes the time spent listening to you describe your problems, and tease out what you're actually trying to do. (and yes, at the low end that's not that different than salaries for a developer. Or a tutor, for that matter. But it doesn't include "fully burdened expenses.")
(And even if you pay that sort of price, it doesn't guarantee help that is both useful and polite. I famously announced myself at one job as "the new version of , with improved user interface!" (the previous version was famous for emails like "thank you for your suggestion, it will not be done."))

westfw:
Yes, that includes the time spent listening to you describe your problems,

That's the really expensive part !!

...R