"avrdude: stk500_getsync(): not in sync: resp=0x0" dccduino after driver install

So for starters I'm new to the arduino project and I wanted to start small to see if I liked the board. I had plans to build a system with Arduino Uno combined with a Adafruit GPS and GSM Shield to create a remote locator for my quadcopter after losing my last one while flying over a dense forest. I realized that the board I had purchased from ebay was indeed a clone but figured it was worth a shot and from there I would purchase a genuine arduino if all went well. Well now I'm a bit dazed because I have found myself with a useless board that won't sync with the IDE. The DCcduino Uno board contains a CH340G serial to usb chip instead of the FTDI clone chip. Upon reading many other forums it appeared that most people had issues with the drivers, but after checking my system and reinstalling the drivers I have concluded that the drivers seem to be installed properly. I have tried using the board on both my Windows 7 Lenovo and my Windows 8 Surface Pro 3 and both show the same "avrdude: stk500_getsync(): not in sync: resp=0x00" response in the Arduino IDE. Does anybody have an idea about what's going on or some idea how to get the board working>

Make ensure TX are RX lines are not occupied by GSM/GPRS shield.
you choose right board & right port.
if all condition is true.

Then problem is only with bootloader. you need to purchase avr pocket programmer upload code. Else you can replace controller IC with Uploaded bootloader.

Yeah I haven't received any of the other modules yet so I was simply trying the Blink example to make sure the board worked properly. So you would suggest the programmer, does it connect to the chip directly or how does it work?

you can purchase here

working explained here

https://learn.sparkfun.com/tutorials/pocket-avr-programmer-hookup-guide

I feel 4u man. I'm having a similar problem, but with extra bumps in it. I also have an uno. Have you gone to "device manager" in the control panel? also, go to " devices and printers and right click on your board in devices, then click, "properties". After that, you should be able to click on a tab labeled, "Hardware". then look at the "location". try plugging it into different ports and checking the "location".

You need the correct CH340 drivers which are available here.

Hi. This is my first post. I just purchased a cheap CH340G (SOP16) module to program my ProMinis with no DTR reset pin from ebay.
I knew the CH340G worked with my system because the Nano's with the 340G's bought at the same time worked. I kept getting the infamous "avrdude: stk500_getsync(): not in sync: resp=0x00" error while trying to upload the sketch.
After much crying and web surfing, I found a data sheet with the 340G
I discovered the DTR pin is #13. I soldered a .1uf cap to the foot on the chip, the other end is connected to my reset pin on the Arduino..... Works like a charm.

I am getting this dreaded "avrdude: stk500_getsync()...blah blah blah"
SUX.

1. So, I saw the post reading the avr bootloader...do we really need to order this? I ran the .exe for the drivers and it seems that I have the proper drivers installed.
  2. Do I need to install the CH340 drivers? That site is in Chinese, so...can it be trusted (not trying to sound offensive).

Thanks for any help.

It finally works!!

Now, how do you stop the blinking?

It finally works!!

Now, how do you stop the blinking?

What finally work for You???
You need upload other codes. if bootloader being uploaded.

the blinking example.

YOu cant stop blinking example. As name itself say blink. the code program to turn on /off for 1s
If you wanna stop blink. In the code you just assign pin HIGH

int led = 13;

// the setup routine runs once when you press reset:
void setup() {                
  // initialize the digital pin as an output.
  pinMode(led, OUTPUT);     
}

// the loop routine runs over and over again forever:
void loop() {
  digitalWrite(led, HIGH);   // turn the LED on (HIGH is the voltage level)
  /*delay(1000);               // wait for a second
  digitalWrite(led, LOW);    // turn the LED off by making the voltage LOW
  delay(1000);               // wait for a second*/
}

I have I think read just about every forum on this and all related connectivity topics over the last three months. boards that will work on one machine but not others and then switch around (all on win 7 64)
Today they all work on any machine!!
And the answer for me was embarrassingly simple.
I took the time to copy all the numbers off the USB chip not just the CH304g bit but the manufacturers symbols in front as well, into Google.
This finally lead me to a driver on a Russian site that worked like a absolute charm. I has its own install utility and I only had to go to the device manager to check which port it had chosen.

The CH340 is a Chinese chip made by a Chinese company who provide a signed Windows driver. If I were you I would use their driver not one on a Russian site.

There are a variety on the manufacturers site including a zip file from which drivers can be updated.

wildwilly1963:
Hi. This is my first post. I just purchased a cheap CH340G (SOP16) module to program my ProMinis with no DTR reset pin from ebay.
I knew the CH340G worked with my system because the Nano's with the 340G's bought at the same time worked. I kept getting the infamous "avrdude: stk500_getsync(): not in sync: resp=0x00" error while trying to upload the sketch.
After much crying and web surfing, I found a data sheet with the 340G
I discovered the DTR pin is #13. I soldered a .1uf cap to the foot on the chip, the other end is connected to my reset pin on the Arduino..... Works like a charm.

First post as well, just wanted to confirm that the fix worked for me. Attached is a picture of the modification made