Examples

Hey, when you started with arduino, what was best example project that helped you most?

Blink without delay.

Your BasicsLibrary version, blinkNoDelay(), generates a compiler error and even after the compiler error is fixed it cannot possibly work.

Do you know why?

DBMcDonald:
Your BasicsLibrary version, blinkNoDelay(), generates a compiler error and even after the compiler error is fixed it cannot possibly work.

Do you know why?

I don't even know what the BasicsLibrary is. :confused:

TomasRoj:
Hey, when you started with arduino, what was best example project that helped you most?

Master all of them.

TomasRoj:

I don't see that as a realistic question. It all depends on the project you are trying to implement.

For example there would be little point in learning all about I2C if your project does not need it. Indeed I never used it until about 2 weeks ago.

Experience counts for a lot. Every time you run into an error and figure out the problem your stock of knowledge grows.

Back in the day there were monthly magazines with lots of program examples for things like the Commodore 64, the Sinclair Spektrum and the original MSDOS IBM PC. I learned a great deal from reading the magazines long before I could afford a Spektrum. IMHO the same learning can be achieved now by reading lots of Forum threads. You probably won't remember all you read but when you see a problem your brain will say "didn't I read about something similar to this ? - now, where was it?"

...R

AWOL:
I don't even know what the BasicsLibrary is. :confused:

My library for beginners. Hated by whole arduino community...

TomasRoj:
My library for beginners. Hated by whole arduino community...

Never heard of it, so "hated by whole arduino community" is grossly inaccurate.

Troll

Paul_KD7HB:
Troll

:o

AWOL:
Never heard of it, so "hated by whole arduino community" is grossly inaccurate.

have a look here: Library to help beginners! - General Discussion - Arduino Forum

TomasRoj:
have a look here: Library to help beginners! - General Discussion - Arduino Forum

OK, so now I've seen it, I dislike it, but I wouldn't go so far as to say "hate".

I don't see what you're trying to achieve.

Your blink without delay simply won't work; it didn't seem worth looking at anything else.

No just wanted to know what basicslibrary means. I fixed it now.

TomasRoj:
No just wanted to know what basicslibrary means. I fixed it now.

Not on the version I'm looking at. (just refreshed)
Hint:unsigned long previousMillis = 0; // will store last time LED was updated

So what about to try fix it together?
We can make new thread.

I don't need to try to fix it, thanks.

dont know copy paste method

TomasRoj:

What's that supposed to mean?

TomasRoj:

I get the feeling that you are doing your best to irritate the people who might otherwise be happy to help you. That's not a good strategy.

...R

TomasRoj:

Well, you can always google to learn it. Is that what you need?
Just kidding. You are really just trying to show off... something we can't figure out.

If you are good with programming, you should help people with questions, right?

This is nice and peaceful community, nobody actually hates anybody, but sometimes there's just missing the spark between different type of persons. What is yours?

Cheers,
Kari