LED resistences in the kit

Hey all,

i just started with the starter kit and completed the first project. And after that i started experimenting with the leds inside the kit.
One thing i would like to know is whether or not the different colors have some sort of different resistences?
Because, when i try to put 2 blue leds in parallel with one red in series after those two blue leds it works fine. But when instead i have 1 blue and one red led in parallel with again one red after those two in series, only the two red leds will turn on.
I could see more or less the same things with the other colors.
I thought that maybe the leds itself have a small resistence and when in parallel the electricity goes the way with the least resistence and it only provides energy for both parallel-leds when they have the exact same resistence?

I also tried checking this PDFs but im not sure what exactly "peak forward current" etc. means.

Thanks in advance :))
Desoxi

Alright, for those who eventually are interesting in this, i figured out a few things on my own and through this very good Video [explaining Voltage drops in series/parallel circuit].
So these japanese PDFs for the LEDs in the Starter Kit tell us a few things (Blue LED, Red LED, Green LED,Yellow LED):

As i understood the part which says "forward voltage" is the minumum voltage the LED needs to turn on and that is seperated into a Minimum, Typical and Maximum voltage. The values are:

blue: [min:3.0V, typical: 3.2V, max: 3.4V]
red: [min:1.9V, typical: 2.2V, max: 2.4V]
green: [min:2.0V, typical: 2.2V, max: 2.4V]
yellow: [min:unknown, typical: 2.1V, max: 2.5V]

There is a schema of my circuit attached.

So the voltage we supply to the LED has to be higher or equal to the min voltage of that LED (blue need 3.0V). As we dont know the overall current yet i was assuming a Voltage drop of
5V-3V = 2V at the 220ohm resistor which then tells us a current of
~~ ~~2V/220ohm= 0.009A~~ ~~

I assume that the voltage drop at the first 220 ohm resistor mast be at a maximum of 2.0V for the blue LED to work as it needs a minimum of 2.0V. Well, as you can see in the schema there is a second series of LEDs which can be any color but has to have again the minimum Voltage supply.
But the first series obviously has some sort of resistence which causes the voltage to drop again.
And thats why, if we assume that the first series gets exactly 2.0V and there is a slight drop of 0.1V inside the first series the second series has a supply of 1.9V.
If we look at the table at the top with the minimum supply values we can see that its not possible to light the blue LED anymore. The green one needs exactly 1.9V at minimum and i could observe exactly that, but the light it emits is really really weak. And the same goes for the yellow LED which minimum Voltage value was unknown but seems to be around ~1.9V too.

What i dont know is, how this is all related to the current at the LEDs because in series in current is the same everywhere, but in parallel it gets split.
Maybe that is the reason why 2 blue LEDs in parallel can work but if i put one red and one blue LED in the first series, only the red LED emits light and the blue doesnt light at all.

If you could give me a bit feedback on this i would appeciate it :slight_smile: