Just fried my uno!

I was doing a rfid scanner with servo project then short-circuited by arduino uno. Oh well have 5 more!

Experience varies directly with equipment ruined.

Nah not really I've been doing arduino since I was eight and you alway stumble on the occasional mistake.

Sounds like someone is too serious. :wink:

@Larry, but he’s a whole 9 and almost three-quarters now!

Qdeathstar:
@Larry, but he’s a whole 9 and almost three-quarters now!

Then they should be outside playing ball.

No actually I'm 11. Building a exo-skeleton with a Jarvis AI

robtherobot:
No actually I'm 11 so no stress. Building a exo-skeleton with a Jarvis AI

Then you are old enough to build a tree house to protect your Arduino projects from younger siblings,
Arduino controlled rope ladder could be useful. :slight_smile:

Yes that would be fun

I wish I started that young

I wish we had hand calculators when I was 9.

Robtherobot, do you have an Uno with the socket or are they all surface mount?
Reason being, you may be able to bootload a 328P to replace a burned out chip.
It makes me braver being able to do that.

Best instructions and software: Gammon Forum : Electronics : Microprocessors : How to make an Arduino-compatible minimal board

Consider doing risky stuff on a breadboard duino?

Keep pushing yourself on maths, the things you will learn can take you very far with coding.

GoForSmoke:

I was introduced to Arduino and writing software last year. I've never done much in the field of electronics. I've always worked on higher voltage analog systems. (old locomotives, 1980 and earlier) I turn 29 this month...

LandonW:
I was introduced to Arduino and writing software last year. I've never done much in the field of electronics. I've always worked on higher voltage analog systems. (old locomotives, 1980 and earlier) I turn 29 this month...

Take small steps but learn enough basics to use arrays, loops and switch-case statements (take a left at the Waffle House then... you know, landmarks) before you waste days on anything "big". Don't bite off more than you can chew before bedtime.

You can sense/switch high voltages with Arduino and enough circuitry.

Good luck.
GFS

GoForSmoke:
You can sense/switch high voltages with Arduino and enough circuitry.

Good luck.
GFS

I have designed a few high voltage controls.
@larryd actually helped with some of the coding on one project.

GoForSmoke:

We did. They are called 'fingers'. :slight_smile:

Or slide rules, or even an abacus. Those crank adding machines were around back then too. But ya had to wear a visor to use one.

ChrisTenone:
Or slide rules, or even an abacus. Those crank adding machines were around back then too. But ya had to wear a visor to use one.

I remember using both slide rules and a crank machine. I don't remember how to use them now.

I pick up a slide rule every now and then just to keep in practice. The apocalypse is coming ya know.

ChrisTenone:
I pick up a slide rule every now and then just to keep in practice. The apocalypse is coming ya know.

IF the apocalypse comes, what would you need a slide rule for? Supposedly, your fate will have already been decided and there's no eternity/infinity on a slide rule.

The batteries in my old slide rules gave up the ghost :frowning: