Arduino Cyberpunk-2077 Custom Board

@CDPROJEKTRED are making a new video game called Cyberpunk-2077, set for release in 2020.

I was searching for Cyberpunk merchandise before I designed the prototype below.

It's a concept design for an Arduino board themed on the game. A custom themed UNO also came to mind.

I'm wondering if anyone at Arduino/Atmel/Adafruit could team up with @CDPROJEKTRED to make this thing a reality...

For the clueless: What does a custom themed Uno have to do with this Cyberpunk-2077 game?

Your design doesn't look to be a standard Uno form factor, so will not receive the common shields. To avoid confusion it would be better just to give it some other name, or maybe adjust your design to Uno.

The game is about a dystopian futuristic world where cybernetics are everywhere.

The link with Arduino is the hacking/modding community and someone on the forum also suggested wearable tech. Cyberpunk is likely to become the next popular craze in 2020 with Keanu Reeves as the main character.

I'll work on the UNO design soon, though it's just a concept that I'd like everyone to help design.

The most difficult (and expensive) part would be getting the rights to use the name of the game on the board. The schematic and board diagram for the UNO is public information (I'm not familiar with the specific open-source licensing, but there are enough clones from China that I can't imagine there are a lot of restrictions to their use), so your design work is mostly rearranging the components to fit your board, and redesigning for any parts you are substituting (such as a different USB interface).

As was pointed out, not using the standard header locations is a major drawback.

TheMindVirus:
The game is about a dystopian futuristic world where cybernetics are everywhere.

The link with Arduino is the hacking/modding community and someone on the forum also suggested wearable tech. Cyberpunk is likely to become the next popular craze in 2020 with Keanu Reeves as the main character.

I'll work on the UNO design soon, though it's just a concept that I'd like everyone to help design.

So the idea is that players of Cyberpunk 2077 will want to rush out and buy Arduinos and make wearables? I'm a bit skeptical on that.

I'm not clear how this is different to a regular Uno but with a yellow soldermask and Cyberpunk logo. All you need to do is get permission from CD Projekt to use their logo, the rest is trivial.

I will ask them on the forums before sending it to Seeed Studio to make my unit.

There is a lot of hype surrounding the game; it would be a shame to miss out on it.

Going to make a prototype to see if the Microchip MCP2221-I works in USB-2-UART mode with the AVR.

I've attached the UNO version of the design in case it is of interest to anyone.

If you are going to leave the Arduino logo on the board, you will need to get permission to do so.

TheMindVirus:
There is a lot of hype surrounding the game; it would be a shame to miss out on it.

If that is so, and the makers of the game feel the same (it's for me the first time I even hear about it, not that I care much about games) you'll have to pay a pretty penny for being allowed to use their logo.

Do make sure it's on a per unit sold basis, as I'm quite sceptical of hardcore gamers (those that care about having their favourite game's logo on just about everything) are much (if at all) into tinkering with microcontrollers.

Wearable is nothing new here..

Adafruit has been pushing wearable circuits for YEARS now (cosplay, games, crafting..etc)

My question(s) are:

1.) What is the END goal here?

• to have an Arduino 'themed' with the game logo/look/colors?

-- Is there any differences from this board you want to make.. and an existing Arduino board? (Say UNO or Pro-Mini?)

• You dont need to adhere to any specific size or color if you do not want to.. although (as mentioned).. if you want your new board to be able to use the variety of Arduino 'Shields' out there.. then it also need to share the same form factor.

But you can make any Arduino compatible board/circuit any color or size you want.. and add in any other hardware...etc you like as well..

example:

I created these: (using my vinyl cutter to create a solder mask, and $17 toaster oven form Wal-Mart)

different size, shape color...etc.. (different functionality as well).. but both are 'Arduino compatible circuits'.. and I use the Arduino IDE to program them..etc..

You dont need the: MCP2221-I chip.... as you can just use an external programmer to program the board instead of a USB cable...

but if you want USB 'ease'.. then follow any of the current Arduino board schematics and follow suit.

@xl97 what kind of vinyl cutter do you have? Would you recommend it?

I've been looking for a vinyl cutter for a while now. Still I haven't made my mind up.

The net is filled with over hyped product reviews. This is why I didn't make a choice
just yet. Like it's all about how good it is and there's no negatives I can't believe that.

By dumb luck I came across a blog that seems to be legit. I mean the words used there
are harsh and brands get bashed a lot. For example from this webpage which vinyl cutter
would you recommend?

Any pointers or help will be appreciated.

Cyberpunk 2077 is heating up along with the weather (assuming you're in the northern hemisphere) and we're about to learn a lot more about the game. Developer CD Projekt Red is teasing a special Night City Wire event on June 11 to take the place of canceled E3 plans, but you don't have to wait for that to pick up some details. We have a look at the Cyberpunk 2077 map, Cyberpunk 2077 classes, the cast and characters of Cyberpunk 2077, and more. Even while we wait to hear more official information about the game, we have a less-official reveal for some of its more, uh, mature contents. A ratings leak from the ESRB details the explicit content you'll encounter in Night City, and to be fair, CD Projekt Red isn't mad about it. One developer simply took the opportunity to remind fans that they "don't f$@% around." We know that we'll have to wait until September 17 to play the next game from the developers of The Witcher 3, which puts it dangerously close to the start of the next generation. The good news is that CD Projekt Red has confirmed you won't need to buy the game twice, at least on Microsoft's family of systems: Cyberpunk 2077 Xbox One owners will also get the Xbox Series X version for free "when available."

Hey, dude. Frankly speaking, the share price for the wargame rises every year, because this industry develops nowadays. It goes without saying, that every good game, make the price for the wargame of other games get down. By the way, this process makes the prices of the games huger, like an example, everyone could buy the game in the Steam for $5 in 2014, but now even some unknown Indy game costs $20. That's incredible, that is why there is so necessary to know about the sites, which compares the prices of games on different online shops, for letting you save money, like cdkeysforgames.com. I am sure, that Cyberpunk2077 will break the prices of other wargames. That's life.

@amorrison1991

you need to get out of here with that spam content/junk. has ZERO to do with ANYTHING Arduino related. (sigh)

&

@manningliam

Are you a sock puppet as well?

3 posts.. all of which are SPAM and ZERO content/responses to anything related to the topics you responded to?

bye bye!!