Long range sx1268 wireless module DRF1268DS with Arduino UNO for home automation

Recently DORJI released a type of long range wireless module DRF1268DS. The module has up to 22dBm output power and 10mA receive current. It provides four power modes which make it very suitable for battery-powered applications. The line of sight distance can be 3~5km according to the testing environment.

Features:
*433MHz ISM frequency band

• High sensitivity: -143dBm @ power mode 0
  • Max. Output power: 22dBm
  • RF data rate: 0.073~62.5k bps
  • UART data rate: 1.2~57.6k bps
  • Standard /star network mode
  • Multiple channel & air wake-up
  • Receive current: 10mA
  • Sleep current: 2uA
  • Working voltage: 2.8~6V
  • Working temperature: -40~+85℃

The module provides standard communication (transparent data transmission) and star network communication. In star network communication, the module can be worked in central mode or node mode which makes the projects for home automation much easier. It has the standard UART interface and can easily communicate with Arduino UNO or other Arduino kits. The arduino codes based on Arduino UNO is in the attachments.

If you have the interest in testing these modules and would like to share your experience of using the products with other users here, you can reply this topic and send your address (post code and telephone number are needed for the logistics company) to me by email or private message. For the first ten replies (independant users here), we will offer 1 pair of modules for each users. If you don't like 433MHz, we can offer 868Mhz or 915MHz version of DRF1262DS module instead.

Arduino_Codes_for_DRF1268DS_DRF1262DS_Module.zip (181 KB)

I would be interested in trialing a 433 MHz version.

steve_mcdonald:
I would be interested in trialing a 433 MHz version.

Thank you for your interest. Please send me your shipment address by PM

The 915 MHz version is just exactly what I would like to try.

Oldtron:
The 915 MHz version is just exactly what I would like to try.

Sure :-). The item number will be 915MHz DRF1262DS.

I'd like to have one of those, see how it performs when compared to the "bare" SX126x.

jgromes:
I'd like to have one of those, see how it performs when compared to the "bare" SX126x.

Thank you. Jan, We will inform the tracking number when the samples are shipped.

Hi

I'm interested in evaluating your 868MHz modules (sx1262 ?)
(I wrote about LoRa and LoRaWan in french Arduino forum and I currently evaluate 868MHz CDEbyte E32 modules for p2p under LoRa)

Regards

al1fch:
Hi

I'm interested in evaluating your 868MHz modules (sx1262 ?)
(I wrote about LoRa and LoRaWan in french Arduino forum and I currently evaluate 868MHz CDEbyte E32 modules for p2p under LoRa)

Regards

Thank you for your interest. Would you be kind to send me your detailed shipment addres by private message or email?

PM sent
Regards

Hello

I am also interested to evaluate your product

868 MHz band (EUROPE FRANCE)

personal information for shipment provided to you by PM

al1fch:
PM sent
Regards

Thank you. The tracking number was sent to you by PM.

On the Dorji DRF1268 modules there is a pin labeled 'SW'.

The data sheet shows that this pin is connected via a 100R resistor to the VCC pin of the output RF switch.

Is the intention that this pin is normally connected direct to VCC on the module ?

srnet:
On the Dorji DRF1268 modules there is a pin labeled 'SW'.

The data sheet shows that this pin is connected via a 100R resistor to the VCC pin of the output RF switch.

Is the intention that this pin is normally connected direct to VCC on the module ?

Hello Stuart,

The SW pin is connected to the /CTRL(or VDD) pin of RF switch PE4259. In normal operation, it should be connected to VCC but in sleep mode, it should be connnected to GND in order to reduce the static current. Therefore you can use a I/O pin to control it.

Hello,

I am also interested in testing the 868 MHz version.

Thanks.

dorji_com:
The SW pin is connected to the /CTRL(or VDD) pin of RF switch PE4259. In normal operation, it should be connected to VCC but in sleep mode, it should be connnected to GND in order to reduce the static current. Therefore you can use a I/O pin to control it.

Are you absolutly sure about that ?

The data sheet for the DRF1268F seems very clear;

DIO2 controls the /CTRL pin of RF switch PE4259.

and

The SW pin is connected to the VDD pin of RF switch PE4259.

Seems to me that you need to use both SW and DIO2 for controlling the DRF1268F, DIO2 when switching between RX and TX and SW when you want to put the device to sleep.

I am aware thet you would normally use the SetDIO2AsRfSwitchCtrl option to control DIO2 automatically.

srnet:
Are you absolutly sure about that ?

The data sheet for the DRF1268F seems very clear;

DIO2 controls the /CTRL pin of RF switch PE4259.

and

The SW pin is connected to the VDD pin of RF switch PE4259.

Seems to me that you need to use both SW and DIO2 for controlling the DRF1268F, DIO2 when switching between RX and TX and SW when you want to put the device to sleep.

I am aware thet you would normally use the SetDIO2AsRfSwitchCtrl option to control DIO2 automatically.

Thanks for the update. The DIO2 pin is used to switch RX and TX of sx1262 when the SW is connected to VCC. If you want to minimize the sleep current (<1uA) of DRF1268T, the PE4259 should be shut up totally by setting SW and DIO2 pins to GND.

kayel:
Hello,

I am also interested in testing the 868 MHz version.

Thanks.

Thank you. We will send you the tracking number by PM very soon.

In the original post I notice that the DRF1262DS is connected directly to a Arduino UNO.
The UNO digital pins are 5v. But in the DRF1262DS data sheet it states that:

Rx 3.3v
Tx 3.3v
Mo grd or 3.3v

Wonder which I should believe ?

Oldtron:
In the original post I notice that the DRF1262DS is connected directly to a Arduino UNO.
The UNO digital pins are 5v. But in the DRF1262DS data sheet it states that:

Rx 3.3v
Tx 3.3v
Mo grd or 3.3v

Wonder which I should believe ?

Thanks for your update. The logic level of DRF1262DS is 3.3V so it will be better to connect it to 3.3V I/O pins. Anyway we add serial resistor on the I/O pins of the modules to restrict the current so these pins can be connected to 5V pins of UNO.