LED strip

In chapter 7 of the instruction manual on page 39, It shows two LED strips, a white one and a coppery one. In my kit, I only have the white strip, and the instruction manual never refers to the coppery colored one again after this. Do I need both LED strips? Were there supposed to be both strips in the kit? (See attached image)

Thanks,

Andrew

chap 7 page 39 .JPG

I haven't attached mine yet, I am still trying to figure out what those LEDs do as they attach directly to the 12V bus along with the power switch. And they will be hidden up in the rail on the inside of the printer.
My take on the two different types shown in fig 30,31,32 are just that there were two different types, either one could be shipped with the earlier kits. I guess that the white one is shipped with the later kits as the wiring and placement of internal parts are somewhat different on the later kits. I think all you have to do is strip a small portion off of the end near the two small copper pads and solder the blk/red wires on to those pads being careful of polarity as reversal may burn out the LEDs.

That is what I thought as well. Thanks for the advice!

The LED strip is for illumination inside the frame. It is not essential and you could also use an external light source like a desk lamp for when you want to get some light inside.

Yes, I found out when I hooked it up and the darn little lights put out a lot of lumens. I like it so much I may purchase a few more strips and put them inside and really light up the interior. They draw only a few watts so the draw on the 12V supply should be miniscule.

I also like the LED strips. I have seen them used in other places and they work great.

I found these if anyone is interested:

It might be nice to add some just for kicks.