FastLED library on ESP8266, conflicts with AnalogWrite

Hello to everyone.
I've made wifi controller for traditional RGB led strips using ESP8266 and Blynk and it works great.
But now I've got a RGB PIXEL LED WS2812 strip, and I want to use the same board to control everything.

I've found a weird issue that I cant understand.
Here is a simple code that flash all pixel leds ON and OFF every 250 milliseconds. It works OK until I use the analogWrite function. If I uncomment the analogWrite line, I start to see some individual leds randomly changing color. I've tried different DATA_PIN and different pins on the analogWrite() but still the same. I've tried two different ESP8266 boards (wemos and NodeMcu) and still the same issue.

Any Ideas??
Thank you.

#include <FastLED.h>

#define DATA_PIN     05
#define CANT    28 
#define BRIGHTNESS  150

CRGB leds[CANT];
unsigned long syncLastFlash = 0;
boolean lightOn = true;

void setup()
{
  FastLED.addLeds<WS2812, DATA_PIN, GRB>(leds, CANT).setCorrection( TypicalLEDStrip );
  FastLED.setBrightness(BRIGHTNESS);
  //analogWrite(13, 100);  // This line cause some LEDs to randomly change color
}

void loop()
{
  if (millis() - syncLastFlash > 250)
  {
    syncLastFlash = millis();
    lightOn = !lightOn;

if (lightOn == true)
    {
      for (byte j = 0; j < CANT; j++)
        leds[j] = CRGB(0, 0, 200);
      FastLED.show();
    }

else
    {
      for (byte j = 0; j < CANT; j++)
        leds[j] = CRGB(0, 0, 0);
      FastLED.show();
    }
  }
}

Iirc, the esp8266 does not have hardware pwm, only software pwm with a utility timer, so either the strip wont update, or the pwm will pause while updating the addressable LEDs.

The peripherals on the esp8266 are pretty crap - what do you expect for a $2 board with integrated wifi?