Due appears as COM6 port but gives error "No device found on COM6" on upload

Sometimes, if the PC is recognizing your Due's Programming Port,
you just need to completely close and restart the IDE program.

i experienced this thing yet. but not even this "trick" works

I get that Arduino is for the DIY crowd, but it seems off to me that I should have to short a resistor to get it to do what's advertised. If this is a problem with the board, should this not mean fixing the problem and then recalling/replacing the boards?

I keep running into this problem, and unplugging and re-plugging my board seems to fix the issue. But, after doing it 30 times in an hour I'm starting to notice that the usb port is getting a little wiggly. At this rate, no doubt that port is going to fall off.

Admins? Is this a known hardware problem?

Cheers,
Mike

we change the R23 to 1K, but it didn't work.
Is there anyone solve the problem with this?

dezguy:
after doing it 30 times in an hour I'm starting to notice that the usb port is getting a little wiggly. At this rate, no doubt that port is going to fall off.

I feared this too, so during development I unplug the other end of my USB cable from the PC to save wear on the Due.

Unfortunately, because of Apple and all of their wisdom, my usb port is on the back of my computer, make it kind of difficult to access.

Admins / Arduino staff - is this a known problem and, if so, are you going to fix it?

Cheers,
Mike

Hi all,

The correct value for the R23 resistor is 1k ohm. R23 resistor is used to adapt the 5V logic of the 16u2 to be compatible to the voltage logic of the SAM3x, the 10k ohm gives completely wrong values to the reset pin.
I want to figure out if it happened a mistake during assembling.

Can I ask to those of you who have experienced the problem to write me the serial number of the Due, you can find on the cardboard box?
You can reply here or write me an email (f.vanzati at arduino.cc)

NB: the serial number is not the number written below the bar code, is on a separate sticker.

Thanks,

Is there another way to give you the serial number? My wife threw away the box and any associated stickers.

Cheers,
Mike

Unfortunately there isn't another way to go back to the serial number.
Can you send me a picture and possibly the invoice of the distributor where you purchased the board?

cheers
Federico

It makes zero sense to put the serial number on the box but not the board. Exactly for this reason.

Greg

Federico,

This is a bit silly to have to post this, but here we go (see attached).

Cheers,
Mike

Thank you Mike,
I meant to sent me the things I requested via email to the email I provided in the message above. I'm sorry for not having specified again
I removed the invoice attachment contained in your reply.

We are checking the last batch of Due produced. I'll be able to answer in the coming days

Thanks Federico,
Mike

Hi Frederico,

I assume that you know that the Due schematic on http://arduino.cc/en/Main/ArduinoBoardDue has R23 shown as 10K ?
It may be a documentation mistake and not a manufacturing mistake.

How can we get the documentation fixed?

Andrew

@emech: yes it is a documentation mistake that we can easily fix.

@dezguy: can you please measure the values of these resistors: R3,R14,R15,R21,R23?
See the image in the attachment for the reference.

If it's a documentation mistake that can easily be fixed, why hasn't it been fixed? It's two weeks since you acknowledged the error but still no change to the documentation.
Are you trying to ensure that all the Chinese boards don't work properly?
If you are then please think about the many users around the world that buy these boards, myself included.

Aren't the input capacitors on the original Italian Arduino Due rated for 16V? Then why 25V? Is Arduino producing boards with 25v? My Due board (D00000721) has only the 16V ones. Regards!

Federico asked "can you please measure the values of these resistors: R3,R14,R15,R21,R23? "

Here are the resistances from my Due board :
R14 1003 ohms
R15 998
R21 1000
R23 995
R3 985 Ohms

@AmbiLobe:
is your board affected by the uploading problem?
Because I see that the R23 is 1Kohm that is correct.

"is your board affected by the uploading problem?"

Summary
Yes. Sometimes the upload serial upload fails and usually it works correctly.

Details
My Due works correctly in many sessions. I bought it at Newark in USA. When I start working on a Sketch the Due works perfectly. I edit then Sketch, plug in the serial cable, upload the instructions to Due, and it is good. I use the Due to test performance. I disconnect the serial cable. I run the Due successfully. I power down the Due. I plug in the serial cable and use the Serial Monitor to receive messages from Due. The messages are shown on my PC video screen as good text messages from Due. I power down. I need to disconnect my custom electronics from the Due using a DB25 connector to enable any uploads. If I keep the DB25 connected to Due from my experimental board, it never uploads, so I disconnect the DB25. I write a new sketch, I plug in the USB cable for upload. Failure ! "No device found on COM7"

I exit the IDE 1.52. I start IDE again. Failure. I disconnect the USB cable and start over to try to upload again. Failure. I power down my PC and boot up everything. It works now. Upload successful.

Sometimes Serial Monitor fails also. Then it works after re-booting computer. It seems intermittent. Re-booting is not alays needed, sometimes, just closing IDE and starting IDE makes serial monitor work.