ZTP-115M and ZTP-135SR

Hi,

I am going to use ZTP-115M and ZTP-135SR thermopile IR sensors to measure the bateery surface temperture. However, I am kind of confused about their setup and have some questions related to these two sensors:

1. Based on what I understand, I think their outputs are both voltage readings; however, I can't find any voltage-temperature conversion table on their datasheets. How to convert their output to the temperature reading? If the outputs are not voltage readings, what their outputs are and how to get the temperature readings eventually?

2. For these two sensors, do I need to code both of them if I want to use them to take measurements?

3. For ZTP-135SR, I know that I need to build a circuit for it. However, what connections are required for operation. In other words, how to connect the circuit with the sensor and how to connect the entire circuit with the Arduino board?

4. What is the distance range to operate the sensors successfully? In other words, if I want to use them to measure the temperature, how far I can place the IR sensors to the battery which is going to be measured.

Thank you for your help in advance!!!!!!

Datasheets and relative information:
https://www.digikey.com/product-detail/en/amphenol-advanced-sensors/ZTP-115M/235-1332-ND/3974093
https://www.digikey.com/product-detail/en/amphenol-advanced-sensors/ZTP-135SR/235-1330-ND/3974095

1. Based on what I understand, I think their outputs are both voltage readings; however, I can't find any voltage-temperature conversion table on their datasheets. How to convert their output to the temperature reading? If the outputs are not voltage readings, what their outputs are and how to get the temperature readings eventually?

Page 2 of the datasheet (ZTP-115M) has a temperature/voltage curve. The corresponding graph for the ZTP-135SR is on page 3 of the datasheet.

1. For these two sensors, do I need to code both of them if I want to use them to take measurements?

As they are completely different, yes, you need separate code for them but you may integrate the code into one library.

1. For ZTP-135SR, I know that I need to build a circuit for it. However, what connections are required for operation. In other words, how to connect the circuit with the sensor and how to connect the entire circuit with the Arduino board?

The board circuitry of the ZTP-115M might give you hints how such a circuit may look like.

1. What is the distance range to operate the sensors successfully? In other words, if I want to use them to measure the temperature, how far I can place the IR sensors to the battery which is going to be measured.

Take a look at the opening angle of the products. The maximum distance is about as far away as you have the whole battery inside the visible window.