Arduino Zero + I2C OLED not working

I am in the progress of migrating some of my projects over to the SAMD platform from the AVR platform. Some of the projects require mild tweaking to make them functional. I recently acquired an Arduino Zero and attempted to utilize some I2C OLED displays that I have (from Adafruit & others). Not a single one of them works. I've attempted utilizing Adafruits library and the examples fail to compile. Other libraries such as U8glib compile just fine, but render nothing on the displays.

I've downloaded the latest nightly build of the arduino IDE (1.6.6) and even updated the bootloader thinking that may have something to do with my issues. Unfortunately, nothing works.

Has anyone run into this problem? Any suggestions?

Thanks

Which pin are you using for i2c? Could you share your schematic please?

I am using the SDA/SCL pins labeled on the board for use with the display.

Display -> Arduino Zero
SDA -> SDA
SCL -> SCL

And power pins to their appropriate pins.

As a follow-up, after hours of working on the matter, I was fortunately able to get it to work. For some reason, the Adafruit SSD1306 library mandated that it load the SPI component (which I wasn't using). I removed all the SPI components, then BAM! it worked. Can't explain it, but I'm pretty happy right now.

Hello nsx1,

Actually I trying exactly the same (OLED display connection to Arduino Zero), but still I cannot make it work :-(According to your comment, I have remove SPI part from SSD1306 driver, surely now compile well, but no output to display....) So,,, may I ask you a favour of uploading your modified SSD1306 library to github or somewhere. Very best regards!

just delete the SPI library, do not use it, compile without that library, run the program and go, I hope it works for you because it worked for me

Greetings.

I had the same problem with makerfabs a9g which is basicaly arduino zero.
No output on oled display. i2c scaner found oled screen, but there is no ouput.just blank screen.
Then I tried another ssd1306 library, <ACROBOTIC_SSD1306.h>, and everuting worked.
For those who have the same problem, simply use another library.
cheers