Unable to install AWSIoTPythonSDK

Hello all,

I've decided to post to this forum because I've been stuck for a few days trying to debug this problem. Essentially, all I'm trying to do is configure my Arduino Yun Rev 2 to connect to AWS IoT using their SDK. Here's the problem I've been facing, the steps I taken so far, and what I want to accomplish.

I've been trying to complete Step 5 in the official installation instructions. However, I was unable to install the 'distribute' package and 'pip', so I did some Googling and referred to this answer for a fix. So now I'm able to run pip install AWSIoTPythonSDK==1.0.0.

Problem is, when I do so, I get this error:

Error [Errno 12] Out of memory while executing command python setup.py egg_info
Exception:
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/lib/python2.7/site-packages/pip/basecommand.py", line 215, in main
  File "/usr/lib/python2.7/site-packages/pip/commands/install.py", line 324, in run
  File "/usr/lib/python2.7/site-packages/pip/req/req_set.py", line 380, in prepare_files
  File "/usr/lib/python2.7/site-packages/pip/req/req_set.py", line 634, in _prepare_file
  File "/usr/lib/python2.7/site-packages/pip/req/req_set.py", line 129, in prep_for_dist
  File "/usr/lib/python2.7/site-packages/pip/req/req_install.py", line 439, in run_egg_info
  File "/usr/lib/python2.7/site-packages/pip/utils/__init__.py", line 667, in call_subprocess
  File "/usr/lib/python2.7/subprocess.py", line 390, in __init__
  File "/usr/lib/python2.7/subprocess.py", line 917, in _execute_child
OSError: [Errno 12] Out of memory

The really confusing thing is, I've successfully expanded the Yun's disk space using a 32 GB SD according to this tutorial. When I run df -h / /mnt/sda1 I get the following output, as expected:

overlayfs:/overlay       19.6G     53.4M     18.5G   0% /
/dev/sda1                 9.8G     24.0K      9.8G   0% /mnt/sda1

The reason I'm posting to this forum is because the Arduino Yun SDK forum seems to be inactive? There's 6 open questions and it seems no one has really used it for a while. Has support for this SDK been discontinued?

If anyone can help me with this issue, I'll be immensely grateful. I've been banging my head against the wall for a few days now.

I also have multiple follow up questions regarding some of the example programs, which don't work (such as BasicPubSub) and how I can modify them to work over WiFi, but I'm hoping they'll resolve themselves out if this problem is fixed.

Thank you so much.