How to calculate burdon and divider resistor value?

Hi Everyone :slight_smile:
I just want to make my own Current and Voltage monitoring system using Arduino!
I Already made one but it can only calculate current!
So, I have This CT censor (TALEMA INDIA 51/16 AC1030) and don’t want to use those SCT-013-000 because everything will be in the box and I don’t want to hook anything to any cable!
With my current circuit I use 56Ω Burden Resistor and 100K as divider.
So I need to know how can I calculate burden resistor and dividers to work with Emonlib Library. (This tutorial: How to build an Arduino energy monitor - measuring mains voltage and current — OpenEnergyMonitor 0.0.1 documentation)

Here is my Current circuit: http://www.the-diy-life.com/simple-arduino-home-energy-meter/

Should I use the same resistors and values for my circuit?
also Can I use Voltage sensing value output as input in current calculation code to have better results?

Thanks a lot and have a lovely day :slight_smile:

If you use a different CT sensor or resistor than in the tutorials, the best approach is to calibrate the system.

I do that by placing the CT sensor over one wire to an AC socket, and plug in various known wattage loads, like a 100 Watt light bulb, a 1000 W room heater, etc. Then observe the Arduino output and calculate a "best fit" scale factor.

Excellent tutorial on sensor calibration at Adafruit.

Hi,
OPs image;

Tom... :slight_smile:

Datasheet for the sensor?

I would recommend only using sensors with a built-in burden resistor since operating one with a burden
resistor is dangerous.

MarkT:
Datasheet for the sensor?

I would recommend only using sensors with a built-in burden resistor since operating one with a burden
resistor is dangerous.

"without a burden resistor is dangerous"

Tom... :slight_smile: