[MOD] Arduino Enhanced Release 1.0.5 for Windows (installer, drivers, etc) +SRC

Markus_L811:
Hi very nice doing,

but something is strange, the IDE is thinking my board is 1 port ahead, so serial Port is selected to 7 and if I trying to upload an Sketch it means Port 8 is used so if I select skip the upload goes forward but the IDE tells me Port 8 is used.

B.R.

Markus

Btw. I use an Leonardo

Thanks for the report, can you go to preferences, check Compile verbose and try again please? and paste here the first part of the verbose text that appears in the log.

What is the path of program files in your language?

So there it is,

C:\Program Files (x86)\Arduino\Arduino ERW 1.0.1i

ERW Error.txt (21 KB)

Markus_L811:
So there it is,

C:\Program Files (x86)\Arduino\Arduino ERW 1.0.1i

Can you open putty or some serial monitor pointing to COM7 and the Leonardo RX, TX leds light up?

I see in your file:

Forcing reset using 1200bps open/close on port COM7
PORTS {COM7, } / {COM7, } => {}
PORTS {COM7, } / {COM8, } => {COM8, }
Found Leonardo upload port: COM8

So it seems the leonardo does something different. I don't have that board to test, but I will check the IDE code to see what is the original IDE doing. It seems windows reports COM7 as the leonardo com, but there is a routine in the IDE to detect the port if the leonardo is not responding.

eried:
Can you open putty or some serial monitor pointing to COM7 and the Leonardo RX, TX leds light up?

Yes on COM7

Initial minimum RAM usage (more will be used at run time): 46 bytes (of a 2560 byte maximum)
Forcing reset using 1200bps open/close on port COM7
PORTS {COM7, } / {} => {}
PORTS {} / {} => {}
PORTS {} / {COM8, } => {COM8, }
Found Leonardo upload port: COM8

Output from Original Arduino IDE

I musst correct my self if I select skip or fix nothing happend no upload is done.

Arduino_ERW_1.0.1i_20121020 is in use

I am not sure how that works in the leonardo, but it seems the same "port detection routine". I will try to see why the leonardo do that.

I see the official ide added:
"Initial minimum RAM usage (more will be used at run time):"

or it is your own hack?

It was about time hahah the patch was "TODO" like since 3 years ago.

eried:
I am not sure how that works in the leonardo, but it seems the same "port detection routine". I will try to see why the leonardo do that.

I see the official ide added:
"Initial minimum RAM usage (more will be used at run time):"

or it is your own hack?

It was about time hahah the patch was "TODO" like since 3 years ago.

Not my own hack I found that somewhere and drop it in the official IDE.

thank you so much for this...

• Hold Control key on Upload: To open the Serial Monitor automatically when upload complete (do not lose a bit! from the Serial data or compulsivelly click the serial monitor button).

Would it be possible to add an option, to always open serial monitor after uploading? I believe 95% of my sketches use some kind of serial output, i always have to be fast and clik the montior. with the control option you have added, this improves alot, but consider adding it as default to open the serial monitor.

thanks

keep the great work

Sergegsx:
thank you so much for this...

• Hold Control key on Upload: To open the Serial Monitor automatically when upload complete (do not lose a bit! from the Serial data or compulsivelly click the serial monitor button).

Would it be possible to add an option, to always open serial monitor after uploading? I believe 95% of my sketches use some kind of serial output, i always have to be fast and clik the montior. with the control option you have added, this improves alot, but consider adding it as default to open the serial monitor.

thanks

keep the great work

Well, second person that asks this maybe I should add it for the next version. Any suggestion from other user, maybe against this?

Well, second person that asks this maybe I should add it for the next version. Any suggestion from other user, maybe against this?

Maybe, have a place in preferences where you can put a check mark to enable the "auto serial monitor" feature.

make that a third person

id like the button to upload to be configurable
load
or load and open serilal port

drjiohnsmith:
make that a third person

id like the button to upload to be configurable
load
or load and open serilal port

How about 2 separate buttons one is "upload" the other is "upload with serial monitor"?

all options work for me.

Another button is doable, but I personally prefer

1. new option in preferences.txt to "revert" the upload mode, i.e. modifier key now upload without serial monitor
  2. checkbox in preferences, near the "verbose" things. Default = official ide

I will add this to next version

I got more information about the next release, I am not really sure what to do yet, probably the best path to follow is: update to 1.0.2... maybe just changing the version number because I don't believe they enhanced anything.

1.0.2 will be released soon, this is the legacy AVR IDE.

1.5 will be the next version, supporting other architectures and they (arduino team) say it is improved and faster. Will replace the legacy ide.

I have installed the 1.5 IDE and I am disappointed.Even very old bug with fixing the delayed Tools menu was not fixed, no possibility to autoopen serial monitor etc. No significant changes except for addition of Arduino Due libraries/compilation etc.

Regarding the fact that AER does not work on Leonardo (i.e. upload to Arduino Leonardo does not work) popping the message asking to fix the COM port and then leaving with error:

Serial port 'COM15' already in use. Check your board or Click fix on next upload.

The reason is that the upload process on Leonardo is different. Leonardo has USB controller built into the processor core so it disapears from the list of ports on every reset and reset is required to enter the bootloader. The detailed information on this is here:

What is relevant to IDE is:

... because the Leonardo's serial port is virtual, it disappears when the boards resets, the Arduino software uses a different strategy for timing the upload than with the Uno and other boards. In particular,

1. IDE is initiating the auto-reset of the Leonardo (using the serial port selected in the Tools > Serial Port menu). It does it by opening the virtual com port at 1200 baud and then closing it. This is a signal for firmware to reset the processor of Leonardo, and the virtual (CDC) serial/ COM port disappears from the list.
  2. the Arduino software waits for a new virtual (CDC) serial / COM port to appear - one that it assumes represents the Leonardo bootloader. It then performs the upload on this newly-appeared port.

damago1:
I have installed the 1.5 IDE and I am disappointed.Even very old bug with fixing the delayed Tools menu was not fixed, no possibility to autoopen serial monitor etc. No significant changes except for addition of Arduino Due libraries/compilation etc.

=( but you have a Due? I want to go with the 1.5 for sure, but I beta feels like nobody will trust a "mod" from a beta version. With about 40 downloads per day I think I can't release some unfinished stuff as the new version.

For the moment I migrated all my machines to win8 and I am still not "productive" working on the mod... to bad I have to install java -sigh- in my shiny win8 :disappointed_relieved:

cyclegadget:
How about 2 separate buttons one is "upload" the other is "upload with serial monitor"?

That would be my preference.

Nantonos:

cyclegadget:

That would be my preference.

It is possible, but for now I am keeping the "setting to force the monitor" when you press the upload button (ctrl+upload, does not opens the monitor in this scenario). No new UI setting in preferences for the moment.

OK, I spent a lot of hours this afternoon updating all the enhancements to the new source for 1.0.2
I tested it for a while (and it works well with my mega), but if you find something, just report it here:

1.0.2 Update (2012-11-06)
http://arduino.cc/forum/index.php/topic,118440.0.html

-Fully updated to official 1.0.2 version (but keeping all things, new JDK, new WinAVR/avrdude, pretty icon, Bluetooth responsiveness, etc)
-Some workarounds for Leonardo board in the AvrDude Wrapper. (somebody with a Leonardo please test this!)
-Setting to revert the function of Upload button to Upload and open Monitor (install the IDE, then open idesettings_v1.0.2.txt file):

serial.open_monitor=true

-Other small fixes

eried:
-Some workarounds for Leonardo board in the AvrDude Wrapper. (somebody with a Leonardo please test this!)

Jupp works for me. Thanks.

1 or 2 things I thinking about

1st Numbers for the code lines so it is easier to find errors in the code
2nd the possibility to set self the counter when the Estimated memory line apears red (in percent maybe)
3rd an option to deactivate the start splashscreen to get faster to work

And a dream of me an Board-Generator so I can generate the Lines for the Board.txt from an Editor mask and pulldown selections for some parts and autointegrate it.

Damm!

Serial Monitor is brocken no Serial output from the Leonardo