Arduino Due Windows 7 64bit drivers non working

OK if you have NOTHING ELSE connected to the board it may well be a driver enforcement issue that you are seeing.

Normally not seen for the PRIMARY user or at least you would be given the option to "INSTALL ANYWAY"

Are you the PRIMARY user ?
Is this your own PERSONAL computer ?
What software are you using for ANTIVIRUS and ANTIMALWARE or OTHER SECURITY ?
Which version of the IDE ?
Did you install the IDE as ADMINISTRATOR ? (sometimes fixes the issue)
Did you get any warnings during the IDE install itself ?

Is my personal Pc, I'm the primary user, my antivirus is Kaspersky total security, I tried the IDE 1.6, 1.8 and now I have installed the 1.6.13.

During the IDE installation I didn't get any warning, during the driver installation I got the warning about the uncertificated signing driver.

Do you still have any issues with 1.6.13 ?

You can override the warning about drivers if you got the IDE from this site btw.

Sorry but I'm not understanding: I got the IDE from this official site and anyway also with 1.6.13 it doesn't work.
I need to run the virtual machine with Win XP OS in order to work with Arduino Due

OK so we have established it came from here so thats great news.

Running the IDE in a VM can present its own issues.

I gave up trying to use the XP mode VM bundled with windows 7 a long time ago for Arduinos and went to VMWARE which has better support for serial communications.

That may well be your issue.

Not sure why you would want to run it in a VM unless you are developing specifically for the XP platform and XP is known to have issues with some of the IDE's if you care to look that up in the forum.
There are some workarounds for XP but you may also be stuck with the serial issues in microsoft's own offering of a VM.

Any reason not to run it under windows 7 ?

I can't attach the picture that is showing the warning because is in italian.

The situation is this:

Arduino Mega 2560 clone is working under windows 7 64 bit and IDE 1.6.13, I've another issue but we'll see later

Arduino Due trough Arduino programming port: with any version of the IDE it doesn't work due to driver certificate problem. Ihad a look on the internet and there are many issues of this.
Windows 7 64 start to install the driver, it show "Arduino Due programming port", but before the installation finish the warning about the signature comes and the driver itself is shown with a triangle and an exclamation mark inside.
In the IDE, any version, I can't see the communication port for Arduino Due programming port.

So I tried on Win XP VM and all is working properly.

The question is this: how is possible wich all the Arduino clones have a certified driver and Arduino itself doesn't have the certification of the driver?

I've a PC an a laptop, both of them with win 7 64, I made the VM just to try in order to avoid to format the pc...

What can we do?
This one is coming a common problem, just wait the time that the people start to use more the DUE, this matter must be solved.

Going to refer you back to my FIRST POST.

And HERE and HERE and HERE.

It has also been a common topic in the forum too.
It is NOT RESTRICTED TO ARDUINOS but can show up with a large variety of software or hardware.

Microsoft charges an extortionate amount of money for the driver signing program but Arduino is aimed at the hobby / experimenter market which is miniscule compared to such as NVIDIA or AMD etc etc.

Other things to try also

Turn off your antivirus / security software to test directly from windows 7.

Some AV is overly aggressive and has been known to cause issues.
If thats your case then there are some simple steps to get around the problem.

DO NOT USE USB 3.0 ports/cables as these are also subject to problems.
If you have to then most people get around it by inserting a POWERED USB 2.0 hub between the computer and Arduino.

Double check that your USB cable is both DATA and CHARGE and simply not just a charge lead as a charge lead will not allow data to travel to the USB port of the Arduino.

Already done without AV and the cable cames with card in the same package.

Cables can go bad have you tried another KNOWN working cable ?

USB 3.0 issue ?

Nothing else connected to the board ?

Going to ask this thread be moved to the DUE specific section btw.
Suggest you read up in there too.

I don't have any USB3.0 port on the PC, the cable is the cable already working with my tablet often connected to the same pc for download/upload of some files.

Right now I tried two other different devices, Mega 2560 and Nano, it are working properly; the problem is coming from the unsigned drivers

"Going to refer you back to my FIRST POST.

And HERE and HERE and HERE."

Also following the proposed solutions in the links nothing to do, I tried all!

Only one is good, press F8 during the windows booting and then disable the signature checjing for the drivers, but this one is temporary, have to be done time by time.

We will see in the future!

The Temporary one as so so call it does NOT have to be run every time.
It is a one off to get the driver in after which I have NEVER seen it need doing again for that particular piece of hardware or software..

I am starting to think its a waste of my time on this and that any real effort is being wasted I am sorry to say.

However you are now in the correct section of the forum so read away to your hearts content.

I have just read the whole thread again and it is like there is something missing that we have not been told to be able to make a proper diagnosis.

What does "I've another issue but we'll see later" mean ? what issue ?

I am going to refer you to this post and I would like you to take in as much as you can so that you can understand how hard it is to deal with things when you don't have ALL the information.

What does "I've another issue but we'll see later" mean ? what issue ?

This one is something else referred to the IDE, but I solved it as you can see on the Italian forum.

"The Temporary one as so so call it does NOT have to be run every time.
It is a one off to get the driver in after which I have NEVER seen it need doing again for that particular piece of hardware or software.."

Disabling the Driver Signature Checking on the boot menù pressing F8 doesn't take any permanent effect and you can try it; this one is permitted in order to allo the developers to test the drivers before having the Microsoft certification.

So the purposes of this thread are:

1- inform the Arduino's team about the uncertificated driver;

2- inform everybody about the trouble hoping who somebody else have already found the same proble and can give some helping;

3- looking for some solution in order to have the best way to work with Arduino and the IDE.

"I am starting to think its a waste of my time on this and that any real effort is being wasted I am sorry to say."

I don't write here on the forum looking for ready made solution doing nothing by myself, before coming here on the forum I spent long time looking for a solution on the web, so if you think are loosing your time, I'm sorry for that and I really thanks you, but you are free to don't replay.

I have the same problem. It seems like this issue has not been resolved, the driver for Due will not install. Is there any workaround?

I have Windows 10 and have been using Uno with no issues whatsoever. Yesterday I got Due. My IDE is most rescent 1.8.5 and I installed the SAM boards package in Boards Manager. Then from Windows Device manager I tried to install the "Arduino Due Programming Port" driver from C:\Program Files (x86)\Arduino\drivers\Arduino.inf. The app tries to install the driver but then gives the error message "This device can not start (Code 10)". The "Arduino Due Programming Port" in the device manager now has a yellow triangle and the IDE can not communicate with it and upload any FW.

I turned my anivirus off and tried both USB2 and USB3 ports. Nothing works. Any help please?

The last topic I have seen with an upload issue with Windows ( Windows 10) was in fact a USB cable issue. I don't pretend it is the exact same issue but it could be Worth trying:

https://forum.arduino.cc/index.php?topic=505238.0

Usually when an upload can't be performed, the first remedy to try is pushing the erase button for 3 seconds, then the reset button for 3 seconds, then select the correct COM port.

And this one thread, reply #2:
https://forum.arduino.cc/index.php?topic=344879.0

Yes, tried different cable and it works, blinky is flashing! Thanks a lot!
I have 3 mini USB cables and only one of them works with Due. Need to be careful with those USB cables, it's confusing.

Good morning, I still have the same problem and there is no way to fix it till now!

So if somebody else has some suggestion, please post it here.