Posting images from Google Drive

Can anyone say how to include an image stored on Google drive in a post. The 'normal' way of viewing the image does not appear to offer a usable URL. Or which forum might better solicit an answer?

Just do it this way. Simple guide for inserting images in a post - Website and Forum - Arduino Forum

Works every time.

Or which forum might better solicit an answer?

"website and forum"?

Not really a programming question, is it?

I'm trying to attach a circuit diagram for using a 2N2222 to control a relay in another post. I'm aware of the method directed to by D_G and have attached images from my Github page. Just trying now from Google drive with no success.

Anyhow, it's not really that important. Moderator can remove this post.

DKWatson:
I'm trying to attach a circuit diagram for using a 2N2222 to control a relay in another post. I'm aware of the method directed to by D_G and have attached images from my Github page. Just trying now from Google drive with no success.

Just download the image to your computer and attach it directly to the post. It isn't hard. Just forget trying to do it directly from Google drive. I'm sure there is a way out there, but by the time you find it you could have downloaded and posted 500 images from your computer.

The thing about linking to an image at your github or google drive is that if you ever delete it from your page then the image here will disappear because the link is no good anymore. When you attach it directly to the post and then insert it you know that the image will remain as long as the thread does.

Good point.

Some image-hosting sites don't allow images to be referenced from another website because they would lose the traffic that generates revenue.

In my limited experience if you can get the image URL and it is either a PNG or JPG then you can probably refer to it from here.

...R