[solved] Arduino MKR WIFI 1010: Communication with WiFi module failed!

Dear all,
Since my last help-post I learned that I have to use #include <WiFiNINA.h> instead of Wifi101.
Ok, done. So I uploaded the "AP_SimpleWebServer" sketch successfully, but running it produced the following output on the serial monitor:

Access Point Web Server
Communication with WiFi module failed!

Maybe the following helps for troubleshooting:

I am using IDE 1.8.5
The MKR1010 is mounted on MKR2UNO and powered though the power plug
The "ON" LED is illuminating.
The "CHRG" LED is sometimes slow-flashing, I haven't figured out when or why.

Power pins:
VCC = 3.3V
5V = 5V
VIN = 5V

Once again: All sketches NOT USING WIFI work just fine.

I am missing a decent tutorial explaining the LED's and their functions. Maybe I missed it and someone can direct me to it. So far I only got links to the schematic diagram of the MKR1010, not much help, I'm afraid.

Thanks for your help!

Hello,

I kindly suggest you to get in touch with our online support to further investigate your issue: support (at) arduino.cc

Best regards,

test WiFi without the Uno adapter

After loosing much sleep and ripping out my scalp (just kidding) I decided to investigate my MKR1010. And what did I find?? My supplier delivered an MKR1000 instead of a MKR1010!
After knowing this, I went through all tests with the appropriate sketches and all works just fine.
What threw me was that all non-wifi related tests, all uploads etc. functioned without problems, giving absolutely no indication of using the wrong parameters.

I learned another lesson and I thank all of you for your help.

Globedrifter:
After loosing much sleep and ripping out my scalp (just kidding) I decided to investigate my MKR1010. And what did I find?? My supplier delivered an MKR1000 instead of a MKR1010!
After knowing this, I went through all tests with the appropriate sketches and all works just fine.
What threw me was that all non-wifi related tests, all uploads etc. functioned without problems, giving absolutely no indication of using the wrong parameters.

I learned another lesson and I thank all of you for your help.

it is the same samd only with different WiFi 'adapter'. but it is very different on outside. and WiFi101 should work on MKR1000