Just a General Update on my Robot (video)...if you're bored ;)

Just an update on my robot (25June12) ...video is a bit long
Any suggestions, ideas & criticisms welcome.

t

Great bot and nice vid! I'm planning a similar "yard bot" in the future so it's nice to see someone else paving the way.

Looks like you're a hardware guy which I'm pretty comfortable with but the programming... not so much...

I'm curious about the online class you're taking. Any input? I'm slogging through some books right now.

Good luck!

Nice platform! You have some interesting stuff going on for sure!

On your PIR sensors, how about making blinders out of card board tube so that the PIR can only see straight forward. A different choice could be a plate under the PIR so that it can not see downward.

Keep up the good work.

hoff70:
Great bot and nice vid! I'm planning a similar "yard bot" in the future so it's nice to see someone else paving the way.

Looks like you're a hardware guy which I'm pretty comfortable with but the programming... not so much...

I'm curious about the online class you're taking. Any input? I'm slogging through some books right now.

Good luck!

Thanks, I also checked out your tank tread bot & video, looks like it's turning out very good :slight_smile:
Very cool on the yard bot, will you build it from the ground up or modify a wheelchair?
I was thinking of adding a small hitch to the rear of mine to maybe eventually haul some stuff or add a small wheeled cart.
I'm pretty terrible on the programming side. I learned quite a bit here, but still a lot of things I would like to understand better.
I sent an email to a professor/coordinator for programming C++ here at a local tech school. They have 2 courses in C++. I told him what I was doing and some of the things I wanted to learn/improve.
He sent me an email back saying those C++ classes were more business oriented..? He told me to look more into the engineering side of C++
So I think I may start and look at some online courses and other websites that may offer tutorials.

@cyclegadget:
Thanks :slight_smile: I like your idea on the cardboard tubing (maybe even a thin walled PVC tubing) for blocking out the 'peripheral' motion.
Thanks again for the comment and suggestion :slight_smile:

Great job here! A well placed spring may be all you need to get that head buzz squared away. XD Just my 2 cents. Keep it up, looking foward to future improvements.

I was thinking about using wheelchair motors but I have access to one of those power wheels cars that can carry little kids. I just need to pick it up. Pretty cool idea on the trailer. Could be useful too :slight_smile:

Thanks for the input on my little bot. I'm having trouble resisting the urge to scale up!