Updates on the Arduino Web Editor

You can now use Arduino Create Projects!
Let us know how do you like it :slight_smile:

We migrated Arduino Project Hub from create-staging.arduino.cc/projecthub to create.arduino.cc/projecthub,
tomorrow we will also implement and automatic redirect.

Getting real!

The migration from create-staging.arduino.cc to create.arduino.cc is now complete! There is a redirect so everything should just work.

Today is Arduino Day! We are releasing the platform (but the Editor) publicly. Please check out Project Hub and the Arduino IoT manifesto.
We are also releasing publicly the very early beta of Arduino Cloud, to start tinkering with your MKR1000.

Hi Arduino Create users,

Yesterday we updated our plugin, please let us know if it was not automatically updated to the latest (1.0.25-092da5b) or if you encounter any problem.

Sorry for the temporarily unavailability of the Web Editor this morning. We took a little bit longer than expected but now everything is back online!
As reported in the email we sent you, here the main updates:

• Each sketch you create on the Arduino Web Editor will have a unique URL, this is the first step to allow you to share sketches and access them online as you would do in Google Docs
  • We hugely improved the security of the Arduino Plugin, it can now only communicates with the Arduino Create page, no other site :slight_smile:
  • We finally implemented the tab scaling! You can now display sketches with a lot of tabs and be able to access them all
  • A lot of small UX/UI improvements
  • We are working really hard to support Safari, we are almost done so keep tight

Since the update on the Arduino Plugin was pretty big, if for any reason it is not working try to:

• Click on the Plugin tray icon, press Pause and then press Open again
  • You can also relaunch the Plugin as you would do with any application on your PC
  • Reinstall the Plugin from this link

Before you do so please open a bug reporting what is going wrong, the Plugin version you should see by clicking on the tray icon is 1.0.29.

Thanks as always for all your feedback!

We now support Safari!!!!
Let us know if you encounter any bug on it by opening a thread.

Supporting IE is not as straight forward but we will definitely work on it.

ciao!

More updates on our side!

We now support down to 700px, you can finally have something else on the side (in the meantime that we develop the split code screen).

We also fully support Chrome, Safari and Firefox.

You are awesome! My wish to edit on my iPad was granted within 3 days.

@mamu, there are still some bugs on iPad: you cannot close the Sketchbook panel for instance. If you find any please open a separate topic and list them all. Thanks!

@OOalis I will do. But to add my more advanced projects you will first have to fix the lib upload issue (like for u8glib)

@mamu, yes! It is on our radar, we will hopefully tackle it next week :slight_smile:

Hi!
We have some great news for Maker Faires San Mateo:
You can import your Sketchbook via a .zip file!
What’s more, sharing a sketch is now as easy as sharing a link. (See here for an example of how a public shared sketch looks like.)

Thanks!

@OOalis: am I the only one who is not seeing the link to the sample?

Sorry! Added now, to share a sketch click on the three dots by the Upload button and you will reach the Share modal (attached) :slight_smile:

1 Like

Also just uploaded to a Chinese CH340 MEGA so I guess you all been busy over there.

Well done to those involved
This is awesome

1 Like

My first experience was disappointing as I could not manage to open a sketch I have on my PC .
It actually only imports the first tab but not all the other 20 tabs that where in the sketch.I gave up doing it manually.
Robert

1 Like

@arduinomastercomau: interesting, because I imported my zip-file based sketch with 9 parts. One ino, 4 .h, and 4 .cpp files. Worked perfect.

@arduinomastercomau sorry to hear that! Could you please share your zip with us?

July 11 release:
Fixed Plugin discovery for slow connections
Fixed section bug when displaying all files and folders in Sketchbook panel
Fixed save bug with Autosave and Verify w/o saving option in Preferences
Fixed void metadata for examples
Fixed last sketch loading
Fixed download on blank tab on Getting Started flow on Safari
Various CSS fixes on Preview page

July 21 release:
Fixed show examples for just imported library
Fixed navigation for mobile landscape mode
Fixed autoscroll disabled behavior in Serial Monitor