Measure distance 0-100 mt

Hello,

is it possible that I cannot find a sensor for Arduino in order to measure a distance from 0 to 100 mt? No one had this need in the past?

Can anyone help me?

Thanks a lot

Tape-measure.

"Measure one hundred metres" sounds simple, but misses an awful lot of details, like environment, precision, accuracy, sample rate . . .

For example, a BME280 could fit the specification

Thank you for your quick reply.

What I meant is this: I need to find a sensor which is fixed in a place and measure the distance ( even 100 mt) between him and a wall.

The fixing point will be moved sometime, but I will need only to measure the distance from the wall all the times. That's all

Precision is 1/2 centimeters, not too high; environment is something like a ln hangar

Is the sensor you were speaking of able to perform this task for me?

Without temperature compensation, even a tape measure is going to struggle to deliver one part in 20000 precision.

A BME280 is a barometer.

Ok, I want to measure distance, non pressure. So no hope to measure a length higher than 4 mts at all?

, I want to measure distance, non pressure

If your 100 metres was in the z direction, a barometer could quite easily be a suitable solution (though not to 1 in 20000 precision) which shows why it is important to supply as much information as possible when asking questions.

A laser rangefinder could be suitable, but I doubt you'd get your required level of precision.

The BME would be able to if it's a vertical distance - about half a metre accuracy even.

Indeed 1/2 cm on 100 m is very high precision. I first misread it as 1/2 metre... which is much more attainable. Laser distance measurement should easily be able to get to that accuracy. High end should be able to go down to 1/2 cm on that distance. Gonna be expensive if you really want that.

The [Lidar Lite V3](http://I think that the magnetic polar pole is in the direction of the connection cable.) can measure distances up to 40 m with accuracy +/- 10 cm (for distances > 5 m), at a reasonable price.

There are other Lidar rangefinders with range over 100 m, but they are quite a bit more expensive.

Curious what you want to measure 100m away with a 1cm precision... (and why can’t the sensor be closer?)

Differential GPS might be another (not very cheap) approach. Real-time kinematic positioning - Wikipedia

Precision is 1/2 centimeters, not too high; environment is something like a ln hangar

Not too high? 0.005%?