Car Heads Up Display

Power_Broker:
Coming from someone who designed an all-out Arduino Cell phone, this is high praise; thank you!!!

Wow thanks! I'd actually gotten the feeling that very few even noticed. I was amazed at how little the feedback was on that. And none whatsoever when I did the RPN calculator.

Anyway, my issue is that, although I know CAN bus is used as a little network in cars, I know nothing about it works or how they are using it. Id' have to get to grips with, er.. the "theory" of CAN bus first. Heck, I don't even know the voltage levels.

What's going on is that, I just bought this little 1999 Miata. It was a cheap thrasher and the last couple owners had been trying to make a race car out of it. Racing stripes, big tires, loud, roll-bars, attracts police like flies to.. Well.. The issue is that right now I have no Speedo or Tach. and really no way to debug where the problem is. So it would be really nice to be able to see what the heck is buzzing around on its little CAN bus. Is there any Tach or Speed packets on the bus? Or is it the instrument cluster that's broken? Things like that.

Also, it would be totally cool to build a little HUD for the thing.

But I have to get my current project finished up before digging into it. (Way over designed plant watering system.)

-jim lee