Which direction does current flow?

pwillard:
If there are enough data points and tangible proof, a scientist would agree that "clouds are made of fairies", but until that data comes in... they will all agree that clouds are made of water vapor.

Most of the replies to my comments indicate a misunderstanding of what I'm saying. But, I'm not surprised. It's a difficult thing to convey. For instance, I'm not saying, necessarily, that those in the science fields, tend to be "scientists [who] lock on to what they call facts and are immovable about them". Only that they tend to shoot down things that are not proven. For instance, can a scientist really, credibly say, there's no such thing as telepathy, or precognition*, or ghosts**, or* fairy dust, or*...*? Have they proven these thing don't exist? Sure, they can say that statistically the likelihood is unlikely. But to emphatically disallow such things, is unscientific!

And, really, can we be sure reality remains the way it has appeared, when we aren't looking? Isn't it possible that reality intentionally behaves a certain way when an experiment is performed--i.e. that there is some intelligence, intentionally tweaking the experiment so the result meets some arcane agenda? And, if we're all being deluded, then isn't science merely a study of that delusion--without awareness of the delusive quality. Sure, the math is valid--as applied to the delusion [i.e. it describes the delusion very well]. I mean, if it's all a delusion, then it has demonstrated a high degree of consistency--unless your weird Uncle Steve, who claims to see a different reality, is the one on the right track.

Why is this even worth considering? Maybe it's not. But, I've had my share of experiences... empirical, yes, but so compelling as to defy the usual, science based explanations. I probably can't prove it. But, I've "seen" enough to wonder. So, all I'm saying is, consider a world beyond the perceived world, where plays a greater physics. Quantum mechanics is just the beginning. There is more to be discovered, and science will get there, if it removes the stick it has up it's butt.