Now Hiring!

Greetings All. I am new to the Arduino programming language and is looking to hire a professional to handle the code formulation and maybe deployment for a project coming due. This link will give you an idea of what I am doing. http://arduino.cc/forum/index.php?topic=75796.new;topicseen#new

I live in Orange county, NY and work in New Jersey, 20 minutes drive from the GWB. Please send an email If you are interested - electric_al@hvc.rr.com.

Thanks

Al

No body interested in making some CASH doing what they love to do?

Al

I suspect my travel expenses would far outweigh the rewards :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

I guess the mention of NY/NJ implies that the person doing the job would also have to live in that area. That will reduce the talent pool a tad I would think.

Rob

Any chance you could hide some magnets in/under/along side the track, have an reed switch/megnet sensor on the car and use that to tell where you are?
That would make the coding fairly easy, I could probably manage that for you even.

Yup, the magnets and reed switches would work but last on my list. If I can find someone to write the code, I am done. I have done some programming on PLC logic controllers used in industrial automation but the hand held programmer did all the work. The mechanics is easy and deploying the code cant be any harder than that of the Quad helicopter I built. Nonetheless, I would be cool to meet some one local but not a requirement. Got stamps :slight_smile: and can do paypal. $)

Your original listing says "Sensors: Magnetic Proximity or range sensing".
It would be fairly simple to run a servo until the switch contact was sensed, then back up to the beginning, advance and stop at 2nd switch contact, back to beginning, etc. But you need to put the 8 magnets under the track.

Thanks for all your reply's!

Been there done that, just a bit too analog for this project. I was hoping with the Arduino I can step it up a few notches. I have used proximity switches on many CNC machines to find the machines table limits but I don't want on this project. I would like to use these: Pololu - Maxbotix LV-MaxSonar-EZ4 Sonar Range Finder MB1040

0J174.200.jpg

Still looking... :slight_smile: The sensors have changed to the type pictured below.

0J1178.150.jpg

So how is that not "too analog" also :slight_smile:
Isn't the range on those kind of small for the distance in feet you were after (I think you had go out stop at 2 feet, return, 4 feet, return, 6 feet, return, 8 feet/end, repeat in the other direction):

"This small digital distance sensor detects objects between 2 and 10 cm (0.8" and 4") away."

The distance sensor is only to stop the thing from crashing into the stops ad both ends of the track. The travel then return is/can be handled by timing the travel. Hmmm, I probably made it appear more complicated than it is. What I have working now: track is 14 ft long, the Arduino mini driving a continuous rotation @ 6v takes 48 seconds to travel from one end to the other using the servo sweep example by adjusting the time. the plan: This doesn't have to be exact, using that idea break up the time into 4 pieces and have them run consecutively. The sensor only stops that script and starts another which runs the servo in reverse which is then replayed ..........
Thanks much

I picked up the Programming Arduino - Getting Started with Sketches book today and hope to get a handle on this.
other books I have: Getting started with Arduino ,Practical Arduino and Programming Interactivity.

I plan to Give Lab View a try, any thoughts on that or any type of graphical programming software?

Maybe this for graphing
http://www.negtronics.com/simplot

electric_AL:
Greetings All. I am new to the Arduino programming language and is looking to hire a professional to handle the code formulation and maybe deployment for a project coming due. This link will give you an idea of what I am doing. Arduino Forum

I live in Orange county, NY and work in New Jersey, 20 minutes drive from the GWB. Please send an email If you are interested - electric_al@hvc.rr.com.

Thanks

Al

this mailbox i invalid!

Hi All
I am still looking for anyone to help with the code for my project. One again, this is a PAID gig. I am one week away from the due date and is still in the testing stage. I can drive the servos and I can test the sensors using the serial monitor but is yet to have the sensor and the servo working together.

WOW, 800 plus views and no takers...

electric_AL:
Hi All
I am still looking for anyone to help with the code for my project. One again, this is a PAID gig. I am one week away from the due date and is still in the testing stage. I can drive the servos and I can test the sensors using the serial monitor but is yet to have the sensor and the servo working together.

It's been almost three months sense your original posting and with one week to blast-off, I assume it's not going to happen you you.

Lefty

#801 here
I'll take a look
you can PM or email me

cheers
Mike

PS UK based, but electrons get everywhere!

hmm
emails are bouncing
very strange

The original message was received at Mon, 23 Jan 2012 21:30:58 GMT
from localhost.localdomain [127.0.0.1]

----- The following addresses had permanent fatal errors -----
electric_al@hvc.rr.com
(reason: 550 5.1.1 - Invalid mailbox: electric_al@hvc.rr.com)

It looks like jumpjack tried to contact you.

I'm sure there's many people who are happy to help with a specific problem, maybe those that can do the work are already occupied.

If I read correctly you need to

run for 4 seconds
return to start
run for 8 seconds
return to start
run for 12 seconds
return to start
run for 16 seconds
return to start

Is that it?

Rob

No, he wanted to use ultrasonic sensors & stuff.