TubeSat Project

Hello,
I need assistance with getting an arduino mini to communicate via an arduino uno to relay temperature data readings.

I have successfully uploaded a blink sketch through the uno onto the mini, so I know that the uno and mini are hooked up correctly to upload sketches, but I cannot seem to get even a simple serial print code to upload through this method.

My simple code to test the serial port is:

void setup()
{
  Serial.begin(9600);
}

void loop()                     // run over and over again
{
  Serial.println("hello world");
  delay(3000);
}

is there a flaw in either my code or maybe with the method that I am connecting the mini to the computer through an uno??

Please use code tags (</> button on the toolbar) when you post code or warning/error messages. The reason is that the forum software can interpret parts of your code as markup, leading to confusion, wasted time, and a reduced chance for you to get help with your problem. This will also make it easier to read your code and to copy it to the IDE or editor. If your browser doesn't show the posting toolbar then you can just manually add the code tags:
[code]``[color=blue]// your code is here[/color]``[/code]
Using code tags and other important information is explained in the How to use this forum post. Please read it.

isesorrells:
I cannot seem to get even a simple serial print code to upload through this method.

Please explain exactly what you mean by that.

RE: I have successfully gotten the simple serial print code to function on the mini, however I still cannot get the temperature sensor to send readings to the computer.. in fact it was when the sensor was connected to the mini that made the serial print code not upload.. once I took the temp sensor off of the breadboard the serial code uploaded successfully

The connections one would make to upload code using the UNO are not the same one would use to communicate.

You should take some time to describe exactly what you want to do and how you have things connected. For example, what is the purpose of the UNO? What is it going to do that the Mini can't?

The UNO is used by connecting RESET, 5V, GND, TX, and RX to the corresponding ports on the MINI. The Atmel IC on the UNO is removed. I am having trouble with connecting a temperature sensor(TMP36) to the mini through an analog port in order to receive temperature sensor readings. So basically the UNO is used to communicate with the MINI