should "transgender" be a gender ?

the traditional view of gender is binary , one is either a male or a female . though these days these principles are being challenged . at first i did not give this matter much attention .
though some people these days want to insert these changes into educational systems .

what do you think ? is there such thing as a third , fourth and even fifth gender ?

I would support that. We could have Mr, Mrs, Ms and IDK

I presume readers know what the Turing Test is.

Imagine a similar test to determine gender ...
If you could not see or hear a person what questions would you ask in order to determine their gender (obvioulsy excluding questions related to their physical self)

Put another way, what is it about a person's behaviour and attitudes that makes him male or her female?

...R

Robin2:
I would support that. We could have Mr, Mrs, Ms and IDK

I presume readers know what the Turing Test is.

Imagine a similar test to determine gender ...
If you could not see or hear a person what questions would you ask in order to determine their gender (obvioulsy excluding questions related to their physical self)

Put another way, what is it about a person's behaviour and attitudes that makes him male or her female?

...R

Yes , that's correct . the other day a friend of mine told me about a young teenage patient that had normal healthy organs as a male and everything was perfectly fine in his body . his hormones were also perfectly fine . though he said that he is a woman inside (psychologically) . some doctors are saying that the fact this subject is overly mentioned in the media and the fact that it's tending to become a socially acceptable thing people might get psychologically influenced .

amine2:
people might get psychologically influenced .

Is that a good thing or a bad thing?

...R

Robin2:
Is that a good thing or a bad thing?
...R

differs from one person to an other , i see it as a bad thing . what do you think ?

I think we spend too much time worrying about something that affects about 1/100000000 of the population.

There are bigger things to concern outsells with. Treat people with respect and move on.

Nothing makes me vomich more than a 5 year old "transgender" girl-boy.

I mean, what kinda fucked up parents are raising that kid... I highly doubt a child spends much time worrying about that kind of thing, unless heavily influenced by there parents... They'll just wear what ever clothes you buy them... And if you buy a boy little dresses to wear because your some sort of sick f* then I'm sure he'll be "transgender"

Qdeathstar:
I think we spend too much time worrying about something that affects about 1/100000000 of the population.

There are bigger things to concern outsells with. Treat people with respect and move on.

that's what i was thinking at the beginning to , though now they want to start teaching this in public schools for the whole population .

Qdeathstar:
Nothing makes me vomich more than a 5 year old "transgender" girl-boy.

I mean, what kinda fucked up parents are raising that kid... I highly doubt a child spends much time worrying about that kind of thing, unless heavily influenced by there parents... They'll just wear what ever clothes you buy them... And if you buy a boy little dresses to wear because your some sort of sick f* then I'm sure he'll be "transgender"

that might actually be true . this is why people are worried , they are afraid of psychological influence

travis_farmer:
there may be something to "psychological influence". I am not transgender, but as a kid I was heavily "influenced" by someone, and now I don't really know what gender I want a relationship with, or even if I want a relationship with anybody. to this day, I have never had a "romantic" relationship with anybody, but I am happy with that.

Leaves me wondering if the early influence never happened, who would I be today?

~Travis

psychologists say that if an average normal kid grows up with homosexual parents , the probability for them to turn like that in their teenage years would be exponentially higher . now i am not saying being a homosexual is 100% due to external influence , since some of that is also in genetics . but the people that call themselves "bi-sexual" are definitely not born that way and that is mainly due to external influence . now this matter is on a spectrum (as dictated by medical science) but what's definite is that its highly influenced by human cognition and psychology .
some experiments where conducted with a large number of human males , if you show them a male body part (that reassembles a female's body part) and tell them it's from a female they get aroused . but if you show them a female body part and tell them it's from a male they definitely don't . so the matter of attraction is certainly psychological in a part. luckily though psychology is really developed these days in comparison with before , and most of those problems can be treated with sessions or medication .

I think a lot of the problem with gender issues in the past has been a lack of freedom. People (of any age) were not free either to explore their own feelings or to express doubts about themselves.

If there is now a trend to allow that freedom IMHO it is a very good thing.

I don't understand why anyone would call parents "sick f*s" because they allow or facilitate, or even encourage gender uncertainty. A person can only think that sort of parental behaviour is wrong if s/he thinks the outcome (in terms of the child's adult sexuality) may turn out wrong).

People should feel secure with their own personal sexuality without worrying about the sexuality of any other person.

...R
PS, I seems strange that it is men who most strongly object to homosexuality. You would expect them to welcome it because it reduces the competition for females.

Robin2:
I think a lot of the problem with gender issues in the past has been a lack of freedom. People (of any age) were not free either to explore their own feelings or to express doubts about themselves.

If there is now a trend to allow that freedom IMHO it is a very good thing.

I don't understand why anyone would call parents "sick f*s" because they allow or facilitate, or even encourage gender uncertainty. A person can only think that sort of parental behaviour is wrong if s/he thinks the outcome (in terms of the child's adult sexuality) may turn out wrong).

People should feel secure with their own personal sexuality without worrying about the sexuality of any other person.

...R
PS, I seems strange that it is men who most strongly object to homosexuality. You would expect them to welcome it because it reduces the competition for females.

liberty is good , but i think that we should draw a line somewhere , a limit . excessive liberty is never good . if your child wants to smoke for example he should not be given the opportunity to do so . as parents we should also distance them from smokers so that they don't influence them . that is an analogy that fits this situation according to my perspective .

I have nothing wrong with people wanting to express how they feel. A trans person doesn't affect me, or require me to do anything different in my life. Gay rights and respect for transsexual/transgender people should be a non-issue.

However, here is what I have observed, how I feel and what I'm concerned with:

I think the transgender side of things should be separated from the LGB movement. As cliche as it is, I'd be rich if I had $0.10 every time I've heard "What I identify as has nothing to do with my sexual orientation" when a trans person is mistakenly classed as gay.

They are definitely following in the success of the LGB movement and its causing clouded judgement. I'm not saying trans people shouldn't be treated with respect and have the rights of everyone else. However, I have noticed in Australia that people are rethinking their stance on gay marriage because the trans movement is paving the way for other sexual deviancy to become acceptable or immune from criticism, simply because they are banding under the same 'flag' which traditionally was centered around acceptance of sexual orientation.

Of course a lot of phillia's, disorders, and fetishes while weird to the general population are quite harmless, whereas there are some practices which are currently considered abuse. And providing blanket laws governing the usage of the terms gender and orientation will only strengthen claims of discrimination against these groups. Even Harvard medical claims that pedophilia is a sexual orientation and treatment is unlikely to change this.

And a lot of people are overlooking the fact that transgender behavior is a mental health issue. And if all it takes is enough people to come out of the woodwork to change a disorder into a dysphoria, then these concerns may not be as far-fetched as some would like to assume. I think we need to throw political correctness in the bin and focus on the real issues facing our world.

pYro_65:
I have nothing wrong with people wanting to express how they feel. A trans person doesn't affect me, or require me to do anything different in my life. Gay rights and respect for transsexual/transgender people should be a non-issue.

However, here is what I have observed, how I feel and what I'm concerned with:

I think the transgender side of things should be separated from the LGB movement. As cliche as it is, I'd be rich if I had $0.10 every time I've heard "What I identify as has nothing to do with my sexual orientation" when a trans person is mistakenly classed as gay.

They are definitely following in the success of the LGB movement and its causing clouded judgement. I'm not saying trans people shouldn't be treated with respect and have the rights of everyone else. However, I have noticed in Australia that people are rethinking their stance on gay marriage because the trans movement is paving the way for other sexual deviancy to become acceptable or immune from criticism, simply because they are banding under the same 'flag' which traditionally was centered around acceptance of sexual orientation.

Of course a lot of phillia's, disorders, and fetishes while weird to the general population are quite harmless, whereas there are some practices which are currently considered abuse. And providing blanket laws governing the usage of the terms gender and orientation will only strengthen claims of discrimination against these groups. Even Harvard medical claims that pedophilia is a sexual orientation and treatment is unlikely to change this.

And a lot of people are overlooking the fact that transgender behavior is a mental health issue. And if all it takes is enough people to come out of the woodwork to change a disorder into a dysphoria, then these concerns may not be as far-fetched as some would like to assume. I think we need to throw political correctness in the bin and focus on the real issues facing our world.

Exactly . i totally agree .

Robin2:

to be honest , i can't understand that either ...

pYro_65:
I think we need to throw political correctness in the bin and focus on the real issues facing our world.

Gender and sexuality come a long way down the list of "real issues facing our world"

Let's start by getting rid of war and hunger.

Then we might move on to things like malaria and poverty. I bet you won't find too many red-blooded heterosexual millionaires offering to share their wealth equally with 1000 poor families in Africa or India.

And abuse within heterosexual families.

...R

Robin2:
Gender and sexuality come a long way down the list of "real issues facing our world"

Exactly my point.

Robin2:
I bet you won't find too many red-blooded heterosexual millionaires offering to share their wealth equally with 1000 poor families in Africa or India.

This is a straw-man argument.

Robin2:
And abuse within heterosexual families.

Abuse happens in every demographic. I do not think anyone mentioned abuse within homosexual families.

pYro_65:
Exactly my point.

Apologies - I misunderstood what you intended.

do not think anyone mentioned abuse within homosexual families.

I agree. I was just trying to counter the general assumption (in the anti-gay lobby) that everything heterosexual is great.

...R

Robin2:
Apologies - I misunderstood what you intended.
I agree. I was just trying to counter the general assumption (in the anti-gay lobby) that everything heterosexual is great.

...R

Robin ... what do you think about Homosexual adoption ? should homosexual couples have the right to adopt children ?

Hmm, I think I read the opposite actually, that having homosexual parents had no bearing on the child's sexual preference.

Personally, I have no problem with a homosexual adopting a kid... The type of homo that adopts is pefectly responsible, and at the very least more responsible that the crack whore on the corner with 4 kids from 5 different fathers (she's unsure who exactly the baby's daft is) so why not....

I just have a problem with these people waltzing there kid around in a dress acting like he was born trans... Come on bro. Kids don't even really think about those sort of things unless you bring it up.

Also, on bathrooms. Why don't we just respect each other. You've chosen to be bizzare.. Well ok, I respect you as a person... You can do what you want. But why don't you have some respect and not creep on my daughter while she is in the restroom. Just use the men's and be respectful.